View Poll Results :Should the death penalty exist
yes 31 75.61%
no 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 21st, 2004  
Sooners1

I would have to go with yes on this one. I think the punishment should fit the crime. If someone murders someone out of hate(jealousy) then they deserve it. All of you that have said no, do you have kids? I can say right now, if someone were to hurt my kids I would want them dead. All of the sexual predators, what about them? Hear again think about your wives, mothers, fathers, husbands, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Age dont matter, color, gender. These are a few reasons yes.
May 22nd, 2004  
AlexKall

Life in prison is better in my opinion.
May 22nd, 2004  
Marksman

It could be,for 2nd degree murder
--
Boots
May 24th, 2004  
Italian Guy

you guys don't seem to be dealing with the issues I came up with in my post though.
May 24th, 2004  
Marksman

Which are................
May 24th, 2004  
Marksman

Buliding a pillbox in my back yard......hm........good for survey
May 25th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
How do you know one is fully guilty unless you catch him redhanded ?

If its impossible to catch every criminal redhanded, would you accept putting the matter at risk ?
May 25th, 2004  

I have to agree with ItalianGuy4US on this. And then, punishing criminals should never become revenge. Killing the murderer doesn't bring his victim back to life, so what's the use.
O and as to "an eye for an eye", what if someone was convicted for two murders, would you kill him twice? I think the penal system should concentrate on making sure murder doesn't happen (again), not on punishment.
Punishment never made a bad man good, but it could turn a good man bad.
May 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
Punishment never made a bad man good,
Good and dead.

Seriously though, I have worked with ex-cons who are fully rehabilitated and great law-abiding citizens following their prison terms, so, unless you want to get into the whole "fundamental nature of man" argument, I believe that it is quite justifiable to say that punishment has made "bad" men good.
May 25th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
How do you know one is fully guilty unless you catch him redhanded ?

If its impossible to catch every criminal redhanded, would you accept putting the matter at risk ?
No as i dont want DP