View Poll Results :Should the death penalty exist
yes 31 75.61%
no 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 14th, 2004  
AlexKall

So the one executing the prisoner should be put to sleep aswell then, and so on? That would be "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth"
May 14th, 2004  
Achilles

no, man, you just dont get it, the murderer has broken the law in the most extreme sense of the word, the executioner is fulfilling his lawful duty, sure its complicated, but thats the way it is
May 14th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by about face
no, man, you just dont get it, the murderer has broken the law in the most extreme sense of the word, the executioner is fulfilling his lawful duty, sure its complicated, but thats the way it is
He has a duty to murder people? Thats sick!
--
Boots
May 14th, 2004  
Achilles

i know that, but so is being a latrine cleaner
May 14th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
i know that, but so is being a latrine digger
Thats not sick
May 14th, 2004  
Achilles

youve never cleaned a latrine have you.
May 14th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
in actuallity..i believe that if we are to bring back public punishment..lets do it right. I believe that if you do the community wrong..you should be publicly horsewhipped. Drive intoxicated...10 lashes. destroy public property..10 lashes. and lets go further. For the young people (teens) that break the law...not only lash the teen..bring the father down and lash him too. Maybee that might generate a greater interest among the parents about what their kids are doing publicly.
Hmm I know you weren't serious but thats a novel idea. Not the part about public whippings, but punishing the father of the teen breaking the law too. I don't know if it would work and be a successful deterent, but it seems like a good idea.

I think the death penalty is good. It isn't unfair in any sense. If you killed someone, you broke the law, you deprived an innocent person of living a life. You deserve death. Why have the government pay to house and feed such scum of society?

I don't mean self-defense killings. Those are purely justified and are a help to society. If those were punished, it would be highly unfair to the victim.

And about it being an easy way out, it ain't.

My 2 cents.
May 15th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
youve never cleaned a latrine have you.
A cupple of times, cabins.

Sure it smell but you dont have to tuch it.
May 17th, 2004  
Achilles

right on futere ranger, the government is overly into everything, why, they practicly pay us to live here.LoL, in twisted kind of way
May 18th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Topic: Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Should criminals such as murderers be given the death penalty?
Yes.