Topic: The Danger of Drugs

The Danger of Drugs
This picture should be spread around the world on massive billboards
February 19th, 2012  
Trooper1854

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
This picture should be spread around the world on massive billboards
I've seen this before. A very powerful example of the dangers of drugs.
February 19th, 2012  
BritinBritain

I had never seen it before, when I saw it I was horrified.
--
The Danger of Drugs
February 19th, 2012  
Trooper1854

There's a series on BBC2 called "Coppers" at the moment.
Its an no holds barred look at Policing in the UK.
Each episode looks at a different aspect of the Police, CID, Armed Response, Territorial Support Group, and recently on new trainees.
The arrested a known drug user, and dealer, a young girl in her twenties, and they did a similar thing showing mug shots of her first arrest when she was in her early teens to now.
The transformation is horrific, and thats just the external changes!
Her insides, if they could be seen must be and even bigger mess.
February 19th, 2012  
BritinBritain

These people are a waste of fresh air.
February 19th, 2012  
Trooper1854

Quote:
These people are a waste of fresh air.
Oh don't get me started mate!
I have seen these people given so many opportunities to move on and get a fresh start, only to throw it all away for a quick fix.
And your taxes pay for it all
I went to a heroin O/D. He had stopped breathing.
Gave the antidote, got him to A&E. He walked out after telling everyone to go forth.
Three hours later I'm picking him up again!
In three days, he was in A&E five times, and each time he was a nasty piece of work.
Eventually he did it and he died of a massive O/D.
All his friends and family were in the papers on what a loving, caring, friend/son he was.
Yeah right! I went to him once after he'd mugged an old lady for her pension and when running away he fell and split his head open.
I'm a compassionate man, but I find it hard to be so when dealing with these people.
February 19th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
Oh don't get me started mate!
I have seen these people given so many opportunities to move on and get a fresh start, only to throw it all away for a quick fix.
And your taxes pay for it all
I went to a heroin O/D. He had stopped breathing.
Gave the antidote, got him to A&E. He walked out after telling everyone to go forth.
Three hours later I'm picking him up again!
In three days, he was in A&E five times, and each time he was a nasty piece of work.
Eventually he did it and he died of a massive O/D.
All his friends and family were in the papers on what a loving, caring, friend/son he was.
Yeah right! I went to him once after he'd mugged an old lady for her pension and when running away he fell and split his head open.
I'm a compassionate man, but I find it hard to be so when dealing with these people.
I know what you mean, brother...

We've seen that, a fair bit, here in Singapore. The government really got tough on drug pushers and the situation sort of got prety much better. Now, it will be a "lucky" moment for paramedics to come across a OD case.

We still get a lot of youth getting drunk unnecessaryly...
February 20th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
I know what you mean, brother...

We've seen that, a fair bit, here in Singapore. The government really got tough on drug pushers and the situation sort of got prety much better. Now, it will be a "lucky" moment for paramedics to come across a OD case.

We still get a lot of youth getting drunk unnecessaryly...
This is the problem with middle of the road law regarding drugs, either they should be made legal or do as Singapore and Malaysia does, execute the buggers.

I heard that the Singapore Government cracked down hard on druggies, sending dealers and mules to the gallows.
February 20th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
This is the problem with middle of the road law regarding drugs, either they should be made legal or do as Singapore and Malaysia does, execute the buggers.

I heard that the Singapore Government cracked down hard on druggies, sending dealers and mules to the gallows.
Sad to say, yes, it is a mandatory death penalty fro drug traffikers and mules in Singapore. The rule is that if you are caught with the equivalent weight of 60gm of certain drugs (heroin is one), you have an appoitment with the hangman, as you are considered as trafficking.

I know some quarters will say that they law we have with regards to this matter is very draconian and inhumane, but with someone who is a harcore drug abuser or worse, peddling the stuff, I do not see the difference.

What I do believe is this- if you are willing to do crime, then you must be willing to face the consequences...
February 20th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Sad to say, yes, it is a mandatory death penalty fro drug traffikers and mules in Singapore. The rule is that if you are caught with the equivalent weight of 60gm of certain drugs (heroin is one), you have an appoitment with the hangman, as you are considered as trafficking.

I know some quarters will say that they law we have with regards to this matter is very draconian and inhumane, but with someone who is a harcore drug abuser or worse, peddling the stuff, I do not see the difference.

What I do believe is this- if you are willing to do crime, then you must be willing to face the consequences...
Quite frankly Viper I agree with the law. Imagine how many lives that filthy stuff has ruined and how many lives it has claimed. I am also an admirer of corporal punishment that Singapore dishes out at times. The bleeding heart liberals are the cause of so much crap in the UK regarding youths, the little bastards are out of control and the cops can't touch them.