The Danger of Drugs - Page 4




 
--
The Danger of Drugs
 
February 27th, 2012  
viper2007
 
 
The Danger of Drugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
I know about these consequences of drug abuse all to well.

It's slowly aparent that drugs are slowly poisoning my community. Every week I see more and more of people I grew up with and went to school with ending up in jail or on the way to long term incaceration.

Even adults I knew as a child.

The phrases of "Possession" or "Possession with intent to distribute" and " Controlled Substance" are all to common.

It's one thing when you see a poster of strangers, but people you were playing ball with as kid and know have the potential to be a great person in person now "caught up" with drugs and lost,

That drives a point home, and brings a whole new meaning to the phrase poison for the system.
I know what you mean, bro...

You are right when you mentioned that it hits you most when it involves people that we are close with, or someone we care for dearly.

This is something that no poster or education to drug abuse can tell you. It can be really painful.

I wish the government all over the world can deal with drug traffickers the same way that they would deal with terrorism- nip it at the bud, and use of force, if necessary. The way it destroys society is no different from a terrorist attack- only the terrorist is quicker in killing its target.
February 27th, 2012  
Trooper1854
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
I wish the government all over the world can deal with drug traffickers the same way that they would deal with terrorism- nip it at the bud, and use of force, if necessary. The way it destroys society is no different from a terrorist attack- only the terrorist is quicker in killing its target.
In the late 80s, early 90s, the British Government tried to support the Governments of major drug producing countries by sending Special Air Service Regiment advisors to them to help them train anti-drug task forces.
They found that the corruption at all levels was so extreme that no matter what percautions they took, the drug manufacturers and traffickers were almost always tipped off to their raids.
With the amount of money involved in drugs, it is unlikely that their will ever be a solution. Too many people getting too much money.
The odd individual who does make a stand is on his own, and will be scared off or killed.
These guys are getting so sophisticated in their opperations, they have developed submarines to transport their poison around the place.
February 27th, 2012  
viper2007
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
In the late 80s, early 90s, the British Government tried to support the Governments of major drug producing countries by sending Special Air Service Regiment advisors to them to help them train anti-drug task forces.
They found that the corruption at all levels was so extreme that no matter what percautions they took, the drug manufacturers and traffickers were almost always tipped off to their raids.
With the amount of money involved in drugs, it is unlikely that their will ever be a solution. Too many people getting too much money.
The odd individual who does make a stand is on his own, and will be scared off or killed.
These guys are getting so sophisticated in their opperations, they have developed submarines to transport their poison around the place.
Very true indeed, Trooper, the amount of money involved id like some small country's GDP.

Because of the money they have and the amount of power, add this to corrupt government officials, nothing we can do, or very little. When some country, like mine, imposes stiff laws governing drug abuse or trafficking, we are labelled as draconians and inhuman, but I can safely say that the drug problem is kept to all time low, compared to others.

I still stick to the idea that we should see this as a form of terrorism, because terrorist in some countries are using the drug trade as means to fund their activities...
--
The Danger of Drugs
February 27th, 2012  
Trooper1854
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
When some country, like mine, imposes stiff laws governing drug abuse or trafficking, we are labelled as draconians and inhuman, but I can safely say that the drug problem is kept to all time low, compared to others.
Unfortunately this counrty seems to have lost sight of the role of punishment in the criminal justice system.
There is no fear of the law.
There is no deterance.
There is no respect.
There is no hope.
February 27th, 2012  
BritinBritain
 
 
I refer back to my original post. Middle of the road laws are completely and utterly useless, either make the drugs legal or bring in the death penalty for transporting and or dealing in drugs. Addicts are given cold turkey and a jail sentence. Finished and klar.

Rant over.
February 27th, 2012  
viper2007
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
Unfortunately this counrty seems to have lost sight of the role of punishment in the criminal justice system.
There is no fear of the law.
There is no deterance.
There is no respect.
There is no hope.
I know what you mean, Trooper.

In the meantime, services provided by you and the likes is seen as a convinience, rather than a "use only when really needed in an emergency". It is people like you and your guys that have to pick up the pieces of broken bodies and spirits when they messed up. And do you get thanked for the job? Its more like "...this is what you are paid for, man..." response...

I always respond to queries about my job as a critical care nurse back when I was in the ICU- my response has always been, "I love my job, its the work I hate..."
February 27th, 2012  
Trooper1854
 
 
My crew mate and me saved an O/D's life.
He had taken a large dose of Heroin and it knocked out his respiratory centre.
We got him breathing again and got him into A&E sharpish, where he accused me and my crew mate of stealing his phone, his Rolex, and 2500 in cash he had on him!
The Police officer who was with us, laughed in his face at the accusations, especially about the Rolex and the Cash, but he stuck to his claims, so we both had to be searched and the had to search the ambulance.
I told the ungrateful little turd that if I ever got called to him again, I wouldn't lay a finger on him untill the Police arrived, no matter what the situation was.
February 27th, 2012  
viper2007
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
My crew mate and me saved an O/D's life.
He had taken a large dose of Heroin and it knocked out his respiratory centre.
We got him breathing again and got him into A&E sharpish, where he accused me and my crew mate of stealing his phone, his Rolex, and 2500 in cash he had on him!
The Police officer who was with us, laughed in his face at the accusations, especially about the Rolex and the Cash, but he stuck to his claims, so we both had to be searched and the had to search the ambulance.
I told the ungrateful little turd that if I ever got called to him again, I wouldn't lay a finger on him untill the Police arrived, no matter what the situation was.
I would do that, bro!

Reminds me of a verse I once come across-

We are the willing
Led by the unknowing
Doing the impossible
For the ungrateful

Does ring a bell, doesn't it?
February 27th, 2012  
Trooper1854
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
I would do that, bro!

Reminds me of a verse I once come across-

We are the willing
Led by the unknowing
Doing the impossible
For the ungrateful

Does ring a bell, doesn't it?
This might as well be the motto of the Ambulance Service in the UK!
February 27th, 2012  
FutureSailorTealAug
 
 
people who do drugs are stupid to start with and if people would smartin up stay in school and stop turning up a bottle, snorting a line, or smoke wen something goes wrong this world mite improve just a little bit drugs have claimed the lives of many people even some innocent because what people dont relize that the drugs and drinking not only effect them but their family and friends.
 


Similar Topics
Patrick Kennedy, Drugs and Situational Journalism
Zimbabwe running out of AIDS drugs as crisis worsens
Former CIA Analyst: Mcgovern says US in most danger ever from its own Government
ran Perceived as Greatest Danger for U.S.
Canada May Alter Its Policy on Sale of Drugs (Los Angeles T