CVN21,and the F35.




 
--
 
August 18th, 2006  
Yossarian
 
 

Topic: CVN21,and the F35.


For all of you American tax payers out their,this is what your navy has in store for you in the coming years,




comes complete with 90 or less,




If you ask me I think t=h 40 Billion dollar mark on the modern carriers of taday is outragious,this may double that!How is the Navy going to pay for that and hundereds of orders on the Facny new F 35!

If you ask me ,then well,I gues there is no price on freedom,is their?
August 18th, 2006  
Team Infidel
 
 
Coming to a Theater Near You
August 18th, 2006  
Yossarian
 
 
Rated :R

Restricted :to the conscience minded Ameriacn tax payer,not appropriate for children ,not High School Seniors,nor college stundents for that matter
Extreme cost and budget violence.
--
August 19th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon
 
 
I don't know where you're getting the $40 billion dollar pricetag, but current Nimitz class carriers are about $4.5-5 billion dollars. I highly doubt that a single CVN21 carrier costs $40 billion dollars by itself or I would lose faith in the American military. If it was $40 billion dollars for a CVN21 plus 90 F-35s, then that would be more feasible and I as a taxpayer have no problem with this generational upgrade considering most of the carriers today were built in the 1970-1980s. You gotta understand that an aircraft carrier is more than just a water-based airstrip; it's a floating, self-sustaining piece of American sovereignty. Wherever is goes, it's like a piece of American soil goes with it. It's a symbol of power, diplomacy, and wealth.
August 19th, 2006  
Senior Chief
 
 

Topic: CVN21,and the F35


Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
I don't know where you're getting the $40 billion dollar pricetag, but current Nimitz class carriers are about $4.5-5 billion dollars. I highly doubt that a single CVN21 carrier costs $40 billion dollars by itself or I would lose faith in the American military. If it was $40 billion dollars for a CVN21 plus 90 F-35s, then that would be more feasible and I as a taxpayer have no problem with this generational upgrade considering most of the carriers today were built in the 1970-1980s. You gotta understand that an aircraft carrier is more than just a water-based airstrip; it's a floating, self-sustaining piece of American sovereignty. Wherever is goes, it's like a piece of American soil goes with it. It's a symbol of power, diplomacy, and wealth.
What he said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukio
For all of you American tax payers out their,this is what your navy has in store for you in the coming years,

'Pic removed'

comes complete with 90 or less,

'Pic removed'

If you ask me I think t=h 40 Billion dollar mark on the modern carriers of taday is outragious,this may double that!How is the Navy going to pay for that and hundereds of orders on the Facny new F 35!

If you ask me ,then well,I gues there is no price on freedom,is their?
I would only guess, and think that I was wrong, that you were associated with a Tomcat squadron at one point.

What is your problem with the military keeping current with technology?

I, for one, think the Navy needs to add 2-4 carriers to our current compliment and would be willing to pay my taxes to make it so. Right now we spend taxes on sustaining the medical benefits of 12,000,000+ illegal immigrants. I would rather that money go towards our defensive capability for now and into the future.

I also think we should tab bleeding heart liberals as illegal immigrants and deport them to any country of their choice. My choice for them might be Iran.
August 19th, 2006  
AJChenMPH
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief
I would only guess, and think that I was wrong, that you were associated with a Tomcat squadron at one point.
EWCS: just for the record, he's a teenager (at least according to his public profile).
August 19th, 2006  
Yossarian
 
 
I really like the Idea of our navy wanting to use the very best there is for our defense,but its alot ,and fast,its like the F22 Program,origonly the USAF had a order for a sum of over 300 aircraft,now there will only be about 180,or 190 of the planes put into produciton.

All I m saying is,I dont want some other outside opinons to think the US is full of itself as a world super power,and hgih dollar stuff seems to reniforce those un true opionions.
August 19th, 2006  
Senior Chief
 
 

Topic: CVN21,and the F35


Quote:
Originally Posted by AJChenMPH
EWCS: just for the record, he's a teenager (at least according to his public profile).
If that is the case his parents must be always be complaining about the cost of the military budget.

I've known people that grew up in households of graduates from UC Bezerkly and they tend to have the same attitudes as their parents. More people should teach their kids to be free thinkers and less what mom and dad think was being a free thinker in the 60's and 70's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukio
I really like the Idea of our navy wanting to use the very best there is for our defense,but its alot ,and fast,its like the F22 Program,origonly the USAF had a order for a sum of over 300 aircraft,now there will only be about 180,or 190 of the planes put into produciton.

All I m saying is,I dont want some other outside opinons to think the US is full of itself as a world super power,and hgih dollar stuff seems to reniforce those un true opionions.
Well youngun, what you might have missed is that the boys with the best toys usually are the big kids on the block. The U.S. is full of itself, but that is something we have gained and earned from being that world power and always called upon as the world's policemen.

Who ya gonna call.
August 19th, 2006  
Yossarian
 
 
US?We have turned down so many calls for help the 98% of the world muslim population already gathers 5 or more times a day to praise their leaders and vow to kill the infedels,but we dont care about that....


We only get called when we have perosnel interest,and then we try to rebuild the contry,leave and then watch as all those lives and time is wasted in a few months as that contry collaspes and then blames us for their problems,the claims another International Jihad agsaist the Western world,

Thats just me,looking through the wide veiw lense,

By the way my "parents" Are un aware of half the political or world events that I am,and yes I am a "Kid" ut thats what you want to call it,Take heed though,I truely respecty every servicemens efforts in the Coalitions,from all nations,and dont think for a moment That I m not thankful....
August 20th, 2006  
Senior Chief
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukio
US?We have turned down so many calls for help the 98% of the world muslim population already gathers 5 or more times a day to praise their leaders and vow to kill the infedels,but we dont care about that....


We only get called when we have perosnel interest,and then we try to rebuild the contry,leave and then watch as all those lives and time is wasted in a few months as that contry collaspes and then blames us for their problems,the claims another International Jihad agsaist the Western world,

Thats just me,looking through the wide veiw lense,

By the way my "parents" Are un aware of half the political or world events that I am,and yes I am a "Kid" ut thats what you want to call it,Take heed though,I truely respecty every servicemens efforts in the Coalitions,from all nations,and dont think for a moment That I m not thankful....
I didint' say that you were unaware, but I do think that your comments are very self serving.

Get a clue.