Crud... quick q again

Caveman6620

I was just told about "Safs" (Service Rifle Small Arms Firing Schools) earlier this week, and I wanted to do it to earn my rifle team ribbon... but I read this on the paper: "All Applicants must have previous experience and familiarity with firearms. This course is nOT for persons who have never handled firearms"

I have never shot off a gun. I figured I'd learn here... what can i do?

how important is it for you to get this ribbon?
i would recomend waiting a little bit until you have had experience shooting because it's not like you can pick a gun up first time and shoot good enough to get the ribbon, i would recomend going to a rifle range and learning to shoot then taking the course

First, see if anyone in your unit owns an M-16 rifle or an M-9 pistol (also known as the Colt AR-15 and the Beretta M92F respectively). See if they can give you a little instruction (preferably their parents, obviously :lol: ). If not, see if your CO can get you into a few weapons familiarization courses or something. If all else fails, try to go anyway. Good luck!

rotc boy said:
how important is it for you to get this ribbon?
i would recomend waiting a little bit until you have had experience shooting because it's not like you can pick a gun up first time and shoot good enough to get the ribbon, i would recomend going to a rifle range and learning to shoot then taking the course
they told me you get the ribbon for completing it... I wonder where there is a rifle range around here..

Back