Countries are under threat from Miltant Islamism?

Just in my humble opinion Del every European Country right now is on the front line and is going to have to stop placating the vocal fundamentalists before bad stuff starts happening.

Absolutely 03USMC, and unfortunately here in Britain we are providing a kind of HQ for the terrorists and their political allies; even the other countries of Europe are complaining to us regarding our feather-bedding. Funny, ain't it, that early plotters and planners of the Russian revolution were based in London!

However, I also would like to hear from global societies under threat, i fear it will be a long and revealing list.

I will add to your contendersthe names of Pakistan and Turkey, simply for starters. Iraq will be an obvious target, and Afghanistan could well be reliant solely upon NATO.

I will for others to nominate other candidates, if they wish. How about those countries of Africa currently targetted with wealth, force or genocide. Big or small let us take a look.

Last edited:
Colombia, Mexico, are both suspectible to terrorism right now. Although not specifically Islamic.

I'd say that the North African nations are as in as big a danger as any

Last edited:
. Funny, ain't it, that early plotters and planners of the Russian revolution were based in London!

So was the ANC before they came to power in 1994, who have made and are still making a right mess of South Africa.

I cannot prove it at the moment, but there are statements from farmers circulating, that Muslim extremists are buying farms and turning them into training camps. Some have said with the full knowledge and approval of the ANC.

Why would the ANC approve of extremist training camps?

Not to long ago South Africa bought diesel submarines from Germany (if my memory is correct), when the question arose in parliament regarding the reason for the purchase of submarines the ANC defence minister said, an I quote, "In case America attacks us." unquote.

Last edited:
Where African countries ares not being targetted militarily, they are certainly being courted, that's true.

Absolutely right TOG. It is widely held that Laden's first and greatest motivetion is the destruction of the Saudi regime. Ironic, since the Saudi take on Islam is the religious fanaticism of terrorism we face!

If we hear from those taking a look around in their parts of the world, I feel we will get quite a wide response, which we can consider.

We have to assume Egypt, and sadly Jordan will also become vulnerable. Syria will be in firing line if they do not take care, and Lebanon is already a lost cause I guess. In the firing line, all.

Last edited:
hello guys,
you people seems to forget India, biggest victim of terrorism(homegrown and international). After USA started war on terror in afganistan,Taliban and al quaeda started targetting India (with help from pakistan)because they were not able to target US and europe(mainly UK) because of increased security there and they see India as non muslim (kafir) nation and friend of west.
Regarding Saudi Arabia, it should be partly blamed for all this islamist terrorism as saudi propogates wahabism(nontolerent ideology in islam) and all islamist terror organisations follow wahabi ideology.

Just my 2 cents, but i think every country on the face of the earth are under threat from islamic militants

How come no one mentions Iran..?

If it´s one nation the sunni branch of islamic militancy like Al-Quaeda fears and hate it´s Iran.
There´s been bombing campaigns with the parts of Iran dominated by sunnis, not much of it being broadcasted like the battles between Shiites and Sunnis in Iraq though.

But in honesty I feel that Al-Quaeda is a spent force and are just being kept "alive" by elements within the Pakistani military who got a rather big Taleban supporting fraction. Say a third of their manpower or similar.

As the power of the fundamentalists wane there are rumours that the Kalifatistic ideology is the up and coming thing in the muslim world.
One wonders how the west would regard such a much more potent threat that really would tilt the scales of world power.

But I find it rather amusing that the only arab institutions able to withstand the threat of the militants with any success are the centuries old hereditary kingdoms and emirates who relies on blood links to all tribal members and shuns all kinds of democracy in favor of the traditional majlis instead.

My guess is probably because we are not well informed. That kalifatistic threat you mention - is that The Caliphate ?

Interesting post BimcNorth. It does appear that they have much more respect for a firm dictatorship. I hesitate to say 'benign', but perhaps they consider them so.

Just in my humble opinion Del every European Country right now is on the front line and is going to have to stop placating the vocal fundamentalists before bad stuff starts happening.

Not every, but some for sure. A small comparison:

The UK is very susceptible due to in previous lax immigration laws and weak police powers. The British are becoming more vigilant, but they have got a ways to go.

France less so. As they have very broad police powers (stronger than the USA). For example, a police officer doesn't not "reasonable doubt" to search someone. He has the authority to stop anyone and demand Identification (specifically his national ID card). If the doesnt have one on his person he can be immediately detained and questioned for (I believe) 48H. If he's illegal they can almost immediately deport him.

I listened to the testimony of a al-Qaeda member in Prison in Germany (who was convicted of trying to bomb a UN Conference in Strasbourg) who said they had to plan+operate in Germany and then sneak across the border because the police presence in France was too tough for them to operate there. In fact that's how the discovered the plan, the French police caught one of the members whose papers and story didn't match, and then was convinced to rat out the main group of conspirators who were in Germany.

So I would say it depends on the European country...

Last edited:
Good post MM. And unfortunately UK is only talking more vigilance, not in fact becoming more vigilant to any degree.

I think your post encapsulates the problem and confirms the general view on this thread; that France appears to be discouraging the threat by imposing vigilance and doing its best to tolerate no such nonsense. Just as, I am sure, the governments of Australia would.

Your closing warning is spot on, but as we see, the targets are not only European, but much of the world. Recognising this is not being intolerant.

Last edited:
Not every, but some for sure. A small comparison:

The UK is very susceptible due to in previous lax immigration laws and weak police powers. The British are becoming more vigilant, but they have got a ways to go.

France less so. As they have very broad police powers (stronger than the USA). For example, a police officer doesn't not "reasonable doubt" to search someone. He has the authority to stop anyone and demand Identification (specifically his national ID card). If the doesnt have one on his person he can be immediately detained and questioned for (I believe) 48H. If he's illegal they can almost immediately deport him.

I listened to the testimony of a al-Qaeda member in Prison in Germany (who was convicted of trying to bomb a UN Conference in Strasbourg) who said they had to plan+operate in Germany and then sneak across the border because the police presence in France was too tough for them to operate there. In fact that's how the discovered the plan, the French police caught one of the members whose papers and story didn't match, and then was convinced to rat out the main group of conspirators who were in Germany.

So I would say it depends on the European country...

Points taken . Credit where credit is due the French are more proactive and guarded than most nations.

My guess is probably because we are not well informed. That kalifatistic threat you mention - is that The Caliphate ?

Interesting post BimcNorth. It does appear that they have much more respect for a firm dictatorship. I hesitate to say 'benign', but perhaps they consider them so.

Yes, the idea of a supreme leader having all muslim countries under his command have a certain appeal to many muslims who don´t live in stable and rich countries very often.
To be honest it´s also an overlooked part of the fundamentalist agenda but ought to be regarded as a separate ideology really..it will not go down well with the powers that be though so the possibility is rather small.

As for the hereditary rulers they can rely on blood ties instead of just blind faith which gives them an edge. Few are willing to give up the priviliges even a remote connection to a ruling family gives, and given the size of those clans/families that means a significant part of the population.

But yes, I´d say that they are "benign" in that they care about their people in a way no democratic leader tend to do in the arab world.
They also have a constant testing of their future leaders meaning that it´s always a matter of having a big family meet to decide who will be in charge, just being firstborn is not enough.

Yes, the idea of a supreme leader having all muslim countries under his command have a certain appeal to many muslims who don´t live in stable and rich countries very often.
To be honest it´s also an overlooked part of the fundamentalist agenda but ought to be regarded as a separate ideology really.

Quite so; it was a very big agenda and has never died.

Back