Could Britain and France have become one country?

DTop

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages...ews.html?in_article_id=428838&in_page_id=1770

[/FONT]
Britain and France actually talked about a 'union' in the 1950s and even discussed the possibility of Elizabeth II becoming the French head of state!

Once-secret papers from the National Archives have yielded the discoveries. On September 10, 1956, French Prime Minister Guy Mollet went to London to discuss the possibility of a merger between the two countries with Prime Minister Sir Anthony Eden.

I wonder what they would have called it, Brance or Fritain or Frengland? :)

Last edited:
Oh I like that one, Gator. Britance. Very nice!! It just rolls off the tongue like...something that rolls off the tongue. :mrgreen:

Just wondering.....How about America and Canada merge? or even America and Mexico..Amixico? or Amanada?

How about we just take Canada and Mexico, and put 2 more Stars on the United States Flag instead.

We still owe Canada a little payback for the War of 1812, and the last time we fought Mexico, while we did get more land, but, now it is known that Mexico has lots of Oil, so perhaps its time to take more land... hell just take it all and be done with it.

Wolf, I was a merchant seaman for 30 years and know Sete, Marseille and Le Havre better than the State capital of my home state. I've probably seen more French meals than you've had hot breakfasts.

If their food is so good, why is it always served strongly spiced, and/or covered in some dog vomit they call sauce. What decent food they have they ruin with their cooking and preparation. Good food needs none of the above to make it edible.

Their breakfast rolls are possibly as good as any on earth, but that's about where it ends.

The ultimate Oxymoron: French Cuisine.

Kill it, Cook it and eat it. You can't beat that.

1b.jpg

Just put some horns on that helmet and add a beard and you will see the real me.

Last edited:
Back