Command & Conquer: The First Decade

--

April 24th, 2006  
Setback

Topic: Command & Conquer: The First Decade

I love the C&C series and own most of the games, but I'm wary of buying this set. Has anybody bought it, and if you did what are your thoughts? Any bugs?
April 24th, 2006  
Fox

Sound interesting to me. What was it about? Like you are a General and you command your whole army to attack other country? Right?
April 25th, 2006  
Setback

Command & Conquer is a series of real-time strategy games designed by Westwood Studios starting in the early 1990s. You can read about them here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer
--
April 25th, 2006  
Fox

Hmm...Interesting.
April 26th, 2006  
chronoserpent

Oh wow, C&C! I remember I was so througly addicted to Red Alert 2 and Generals!

But about the set, I read from a PC Gamer Magazine review that it isn't like most other collectors sets. Usually, they have special features like behind the scenes movies or new maps and mods or at least touched up graphics and video. But this set is literally all of the games in their raw untouched "glory". No special features, no nothing, just the games as when they had come out all those years ago.

It's up to you if its worth it.
April 28th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

is this game new? when is it released?
April 29th, 2006  
Damien435

MM, it is not a single game and it is not new. It will be a collection of all the C&C games to date, including but not limited to: Command & Conquer (best RTS ever), Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, Red Alert: Aftermath, Red Alert 2 (second best RTS ever), Red Alert 2: Yuri's revenge, Renegade, Generals and finally Generals: Zero Hour.

Honestly, hands down C&C is the best RTS series ever, they did it right the first time and kept going with it, the best part, C&C didn't change anything from day one up till Renegade and Generals, they made a gaming franchise by just changing the name, graphics and character names without actually changing the gameplay.
April 29th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

oh I see..

so anyway, whats the latest and most best Command and conquer cd game?
May 1st, 2006  
WNxRogue

I got the first decade, and i liked it because it is exactly the same as the games were origanlly.
May 2nd, 2006  
armlesscadet

ya i got it the day it came out and its basicly the exact same games down to the last pixel but they might have fixed a few glitches and all personally im a HUGE FAN of C&C so i am addicted to these games but i was disapointed that they didnt include a new game on it but i heard that they were making a new Generals but i wouldnt bet to much on it since it wasnt a good source but they had all the red alerts, generals, and tiberian sun including Renegade the FPS version of it and it is all on 1 disc so if you have the money (since it is kinda costly) and do not have all the games already then go ahead and buy it but if you do have all the games then save your money but it does take up alot of space 11gigs ish so if your computer doesnt have much then id buy the ones you want seperately and sace your comp space and money