Command & Conquer: The First Decade

Setback

I love the C&C series and own most of the games, but I'm wary of buying this set. Has anybody bought it, and if you did what are your thoughts? Any bugs?
candcfirstdecade_pcboxboxart_160w.jpg

Sound interesting to me. What was it about? Like you are a General and you command your whole army to attack other country? Right?

Oh wow, C&C! I remember I was so througly addicted to Red Alert 2 and Generals!

But about the set, I read from a PC Gamer Magazine review that it isn't like most other collectors sets. Usually, they have special features like behind the scenes movies or new maps and mods or at least touched up graphics and video. But this set is literally all of the games in their raw untouched "glory". No special features, no nothing, just the games as when they had come out all those years ago.

It's up to you if its worth it.

MM, it is not a single game and it is not new. It will be a collection of all the C&C games to date, including but not limited to: Command & Conquer (best RTS ever), Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, Red Alert: Aftermath, Red Alert 2 (second best RTS ever), Red Alert 2: Yuri's revenge, Renegade, Generals and finally Generals: Zero Hour.

Honestly, hands down C&C is the best RTS series ever, they did it right the first time and kept going with it, the best part, C&C didn't change anything from day one up till Renegade and Generals, they made a gaming franchise by just changing the name, graphics and character names without actually changing the gameplay.

I got the first decade, and i liked it because it is exactly the same as the games were origanlly.

ya i got it the day it came out and its basicly the exact same games down to the last pixel but they might have fixed a few glitches and all personally im a HUGE FAN of C&C so i am addicted to these games but i was disapointed that they didnt include a new game on it but i heard that they were making a new Generals but i wouldnt bet to much on it since it wasnt a good source but they had all the red alerts, generals, and tiberian sun including Renegade the FPS version of it and it is all on 1 disc so if you have the money (since it is kinda costly) and do not have all the games already then go ahead and buy it but if you do have all the games then save your money but it does take up alot of space 11gigs ish so if your computer doesnt have much then id buy the ones you want seperately and sace your comp space and money

the latest is the Generals: Zero Hour the expansion of Generals but id have to give credit of best to the Red Alert 2 and generals games because in RA2 it seems like you get a wider variety of units but in the Generals games you get to upgrade your stuff more and research newer and stronger upgrades for your weapons but in Generals you also only get to choose from 3 nations the GLA (global liberation something i think association) the USA and Cina but RA2 is older graphics aint the sharpest no more but they both have terrific gameplay so i suggest buying both of those but TIBERIAN SUN is horrible in my opinion so dont buy that one but the fps of that series is pretty good if u can do the snow level and remember to save so that when you die at the end (its the longest lvl in the game to me) you dont have to do it all over...it took me a while to do that one lol so i say Renegade for FPS or Generals and RA2 for RTS but thats me

I think that the Generals series has is a much more versatile game, with three different nations (GLA: Global Liberation Army, USA and China) with four different generals each (In skirmish but not campaign mode.) you have 12 different armies to choose from in skirmish mode that are quite diverse and their tactics reflect this meaning you can experiment to find the army that best fits you. My favorite general? The USA Air Force General, the Point Defense Laser System means it is very hard to shoot down one of their aircraft, almost impossible from behind, the best method is to have your aircraft go at them heads on so that they have less than a second for their lasers to shoot down your missiles versus several seconds if the missiles are fired from behind. The coolest army? GLA, they can actually take the weapons from destroyed enemy vehicles and duct tape it to their trucks, the canon from a Paladin tank for instance.

id have to say that my fav. general is the US Super Weapons general because of her AWESOME EMS Patriot System that she has wich disables any tanks within range once they have been shot with a missile a wall of those and about 20 snipers around your base and nothing will get in it so you wouldnt have to worry about being attacked and you could then build up your offense and attack the enemy base...i know that that was a little bit offtopic but i wanted to share it lol so mighty you got any more questions about it?

Just to clarify this, they are making a Command and Conquer 2, based off the classic GDI v NOD scenario. It is not generels, and god i wish they were making another red alert game (maybe about china ;))

Then your wish may be coming true, Rogue, supposedly Red Alert 3 is in the early stages of developement, however this is unlikely given the current development of Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Although it was not named C&C2, Tiberian Sun was the sequel.) And given EA's rather spotty track record (I think they blew it by disolving Westwood and the game qualities have gone down hill ever since, but I am optimistic about C&C 3) it is unlikely they would attempt to develop both games simultaneously.

Last edited:
EA is starting to get its head out of its ass and learn from its mistakes. Westwood would have made several C&C's by now had they been left independent. Generals was a good game and fun to play the mods on, but there was nothing after generals for a long while.

Back