Coalition ? - Page 6

--
Boots

September 22nd, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
I read and hear a lot on blue killing green , blue killed a U.S. Major General not long ago , so does a leopard change his spots from black to blue or is a rose by any other still a rose .
Did the US ever fire up on the ARVN or Vice Versa?

I know ISF and ASF have been fired on by US forces...It's a two way street...
September 22nd, 2014  
tetvet

All I know about it is what I've read and heard , so believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see .
September 22nd, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
All I know about it is what I've read and heard , so believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see .
And I'm doing the same with the addition to spending copious amounts of time in that part of the world. I know better than to follow the punchlines that paint all in the same stroke. Nothing is ever black and white and the sooner that is recognized the faster we can move on with civilization and start moving forward again. Hate never got anyone anywhere without a huge cost...
--
Boots
September 22nd, 2014  
Kesse81

We have a bar in the town I live in. The owner is an African American who participated in the Vietnam War. He usually says that the Vietnam War was rooted in racism. And any counterargument against it is psychological denial, which is common among veterans.
September 22nd, 2014  
tetvet

I don't know about racism in Vietnam but I did consider the ARVN to be useless and I had more respect for the NVA . Here in the states American Blacks make up 13% of the population , 65% of the NFL , 80% of NBA , 65% of the prison population . they are the first and loudest to scream discrimination and all the while Whites are no longer the majority but the first to apologize .
September 26th, 2014  
Kesse81

The Danish Government announced, a few hours ago, that we will actively participate in the fight against IS with seven F-16 and a C-130. Also, Danish Special Forces are to be inserted in the Kurdish areas to train them.
September 26th, 2014  
tetvet

Train them to do What how to kill each other , they've already figured that out , a C-130 and 7 F-16s wow that's really going to help , but what the hell sometimes something is better then nothing , sometimes .
September 26th, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Train them to do What how to kill each other , they've already figured that out , a C-130 and 7 F-16s wow that's really going to help , but what the hell sometimes something is better then nothing , sometimes .
You're not familiar with the Kurds are you?
September 26th, 2014  
JOC

Quote:
The Kurds are under attach by ISIS. The Kurds already know how to fight using snipers and guerilla warfare with basic weaponry. They have been fighting for decades. The Kurds are not familiar with high tech weaponry. These are the weapons and training they will likely receive from the Coalition (in this case the Danish). Such technology - weaponry could greatly strengthen Kurdish efforts against ISIS who has such weaponry providing them an unfair advantage in that respect.
September 26th, 2014  
Kesse81

Quote:
Well, we are a small country and we do what we can.
We have most of our armed forces deployed under UN and NATO in many places in the world today.
Be pleased for the help you can get, rather than sit and complainin - old man!