Cloverfield

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I really enjoyed the film. Some people got motion sick from watching it. I did not get sick at all and I don't understand how people get sick from watching a movie... but enough of that.

The film has only one plot and nothing else. It's not about the monster, it's not about the people, it's not about how the military fights the creature. It's simply about people handle fear, stress, and emotions.

That is what I think the film is really about. How we see each person handle the stress and fear of what is going on. How the human mind handles the chaos, fear, stress, loneliness, craziness, etc.... about a huge massive event that completely turns our lives inside out and how people cope with it.

The film itself lends nothing to understanding what is going on. I watched the film and I learned nothing about the creature or the spawn that it creates. In fact.... I hope someone release a novel or a comic that explains what's going on.

All in all I enjoyed the film. I just find it funny that at the theater I watched it at everyone was pissed expect myself and my friends. Everyone else is just to stupid. It's not a horror film or a action film. it's a film about the human psyche and how it reacts to certain stimuli.

I really didn't like it. I noticed almost all of my fellow theater-goers were similarly disappointed. I thought it was just fine that the movie started with shaky hand-held camera footage; cliche, but not too bad. Unfortunately it just didn't end. Had the movie been marketed as a drama I might not have spent my hard-earned money to go to see it. I'm not recommending any of my friends to see it. Then again, it might just be me...

Last edited:
Behold.... the monster from Cloverfield!

rosie-monster.gif

yeah it was kick butt I liked it the at first i thought the monster was a giant squid then it looked more like a mutant spider. the part where that chick blew up was friggin awesome man

Such as exciting movie. Definitely different from any other monster flick ever made because it is told from the perspective off the people who have no clue what is going on. There are no fancy military talk or planes or one central protagonist that can take this thing one on one, its is real scary stuff! check it out

Sam
Fontana

I heard you don't get to see the monster until the end... Which, to tell the truth, doesn't sound that appealing to me.
It's one of those "Damn, they should have done this-" feelings.

But then again, that's only what I've heard, and I've been known to be one who appreciates the "boring" films (not to be confused with the "old" films, which, ironically, I have no patience for).

I guess I'll check it out.

*Btw, I think there's already a Cloverfield thread posted.

Monster movies need to be as realistic as they can be now days, The days of seeing a stop action monster and eh drooling alien ones are way over, I bet Cloverfield did what they did to help production costs.

All in all I enjoyed the film. I just find it funny that at the theater I watched it at everyone was pissed expect myself and my friends. Everyone else is just to stupid. It's not a horror film or a action film. it's a film about the human psyche and how it reacts to certain stimuli.

Thats how I felt with 28 Days Later.....Like the only one who knew that it was not a constant blood guts, blood gore, more guts, more gore teenager massacre of a horror film, It went deeper than that.

If you want to know what happened in the film Mr. 5.56X45mm, I can break down the plot as best I can. Any way the reason there is no dimensions or a plausible reason that things are occurring in the plot is most likely because since it is focused on the protagonists, and supporting characters, not the Military, not the cure weapon or heroic miracle mission. It's just the people, that adds more of a "what would you do?" type of realism to the movie.

I personally give Cloverfield, a 4.0 solid.

Last edited:
Back