China's aircraft carrier under construction - Page 6

--

January 13th, 2005  
Chinaman

meh, im in favor is an entire fleet quipped with a couple capital ships of carriers, a battleship for hoots and marine operation, aloto f desroyers, and good ol subs
January 13th, 2005  
Kane

China does have guided artillery but not as accurate to GPS guided munitions used by the United States. China is able to use GPS for this purpose but was unable to do so due to pressure and restrictions placed by the United States if their satellites are used for military means. That is why the laser, heat seaking, radar guided, anything except GPS guided missiles is the only pinpoint ordinance for China (for now).
January 17th, 2005  
Archit

China still has some technology bottle-neck in aircraft carrier.
It is in progress but will not appear in three or four years.
--
January 17th, 2005  
Whispering Death

What is your souce on that? So far I've gotten nothing on a carrier in my China research except speculation.
January 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Well either way I think it's only a matter of time. The sort of mission the Chinese Navy wants to undertake requires aircraft carriers.
January 18th, 2005  
Chinaman

maybe its already completed, u never know.

January 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think if it is complete, there would have been a massive ceremony. Do you have any idea the sort of propaganda value the announcement of the completion of an aircraft carrier has?
Also, it would be discovered soon enough anyways. There are certain things you can hide. An aircraft carrier isn't one of them.
January 19th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I think if it is complete, there would have been a massive ceremony. Do you have any idea the sort of propaganda value the announcement of the completion of an aircraft carrier has?
Also, it would be discovered soon enough anyways. There are certain things you can hide. An aircraft carrier isn't one of them.
I agree, from what i have read in other forums and articles there are rumors that China wont have a carrier until the years of 2010-2012, but those are all RUMORS! And yeah it would be very hard to hide a carrier the size of a football field. :P
January 19th, 2005  
Sexybeast

wel..PLA did a good job on hiding 094 nuke sub...suprised U.S a bit..
January 19th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
wel..PLA did a good job on hiding 094 nuke sub...suprised U.S a bit..
Hahhaha Sexybeast you got me there!
I bow down to your sneaky-ness