China's aircraft carrier under construction

Time said:
paratroopa said:
the future of naval warefare does not need cruisers of any ships bigger except for carriers

destroyers are fast, smaller, carries alot of weaponery, and are less expensive,

cruisers are mainly used as the ship of the line for fleets, since their performance is similar the desoryer and are just bigger and meaner, i think its waste of wealth

The American Ticonderoga-class cruiser (henceforth referred to as the "Tyco") is meant as a command center for the Aegis air defense system...the spokes in the figurative wheels of this system are the Arleigh Burke-class of destroyer. All ships in the US Navy, including the Perry-class frigates that re being phased out, have their purpose.

Well, communist nations have traditionally had an edge in concelement. However, I think an aircraft carrier is so large, complex, and technologicaly sophisticated that it would be unlikely that it could remain completely hidden from intelligence agencies.

Regarding a Nuclear carrier getting hit:
No it just sprays radio active crap everywhere. Basically a mini Chernobyl.

And the submarine? You can keep things like that a secret in military shipyards of course. It's hard but you can still do it. But the thing is you could launch it and have it never hit the surface in public. And by the nature of the submarine it's a concealed weapon. Sure, you may be able to build an aircraft carrier secretly but once it's complete, the secret will be out. Unless of course you're willing to send it into combat without ever testing it... oh that sounds like a lot of fun :lol:

It's been thought of and tried before. But I think the maximum planes it carried was two. Japan made them I'm pretty sure.

But in the modern day, it would be too expensive I think. Not to mention a submarine is much more prone to accidents as well so .... we're not sure if it's worth all the trouble!

the_13th_redneck said:
It's been thought of and tried before. But I think the maximum planes it carried was two. Japan made them I'm pretty sure.

But in the modern day, it would be too expensive I think. Not to mention a submarine is much more prone to accidents as well so .... we're not sure if it's worth all the trouble!

Lets all chip in to make a subcarrier. I have 100bucks i can donate. :p
I still think China should stick with submarines like the kilo, and the new yuan. And if the EU lifts the ban, they can get some sub tech from Germany.

heyheyhey, attack is the only defence, and dont forget china is a huge country, it needs to have the most powerful military in the world, it only makes sense if it tries to do better than the unitedstates becasue it has alot more people to feed and protect

japan on the other hand has enough weapons for their amount of population, plus, whos going to invade japan????

japan really has a nice fleet, everyone got to agree on that right?

china always claims the large numbers of islands in its southern sea (half of them are not under control of china right now),
having a good fleet, or even a carrier is good for PLA to control that area

"um... theres an idea: subcarriers"

It's been done. The Japanese had a few at the close of WWII. Each could hold about four planes if memory serves. Their intention was to bomb the Panama Canal. War ended though before they could be deployed.

back to topic

if the chinese navy wants to develop, we need to have more seaports and naval bases.

taiwan is china's, so sooner or later china is going to take taiwan back and we can build a military base there

fine

anways, i have a question, wuts the best aircraft carrier there is in the world, i no its in the good ol usofa, but what is the name of it

Back