China WILL rule the world. - Page 3

--

September 17th, 2011  
A Can of Man

Read it more carefully. I said they probably won't be launching their military to conquer anything, but they might use it to divert attention overseas if they have domestic unrest which may spark off a full scale rebellion.
You have to understand the history between the China and Japan to get this. The Chinese government is probably the one force in China that is preventing it from using its new found power to "get back" at its neighbors. The public aren't so forgiving. So if it came down to the public being angry at the government and not in a small way, the Chinese government may in fact divert their attention elsewhere by starting something with Japan.
September 17th, 2011  
bulldogg

I've played rugby against a team from the PLA's Special Forces Officer Training School in GuangZhou and I can personally attest to the fact these jokers can't take a hit, don't like violence and cry like little girls when their toes get smashed in a scrum.

I wouldn't be too worried about their military, they still follow Grant's old fighting ways from the Wilderness Campaign.

However, they will rule the world but it has everything to do with economics.

Sorry if I've ventured off topic.
September 17th, 2011  
LeEnfield

I don't think Chine would want to start a war but will wield a hell of a lot of economical power to get it's own way. It has taken them a while to work this out and now that they have the world knocking on their door for loans and business they will use it to get what they want
--
September 21st, 2011  
f-insas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker
The replies to this thread constitute fear and deelply ingrained racism, the yellow man could never do that, China is a clay legged giant etc.

The truth is these marches show a powerfull disciplined society that puts Nazi Germany in the corner, while Europe and USA are weak by comparison and it pisses them off, even on this forum.

I'm sorry Monty but the Korean march has nothing on what Chinese did, i can see the analogy but it proves my point in that China outperformes not only all asian nations but all nations on this earth.
deleted......
September 21st, 2011  
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-insas
in this case u are nazi and u know the result at the end
Ein Volk! Ein Reich! Ein Bratwurst!
September 25th, 2011  
VDKMS

The biggest enemy of China is called "democracy". I think China will fall appart before it will become the No1 economic power.
Another disadvantage of China is that they can't protect their supply lines. Allmost all imports must pass hostile territory and they don't have a powerfull navy.
About the discipline. The Germans were very good at that as were the Japanese. Both lost the war. The English Redcoats were very disciplined but lost the war against American rebels. The Roman soldiers were very disciplined but were beaten by the Frankish tribes.
September 28th, 2011  
Seehund

Topic: China will NOT rule the world.

China's transition into global power-hood means we should all start learning Mandarin.

Or so the mainstream media would have us believe. Look deeper and you'll see that this Asian giant is reaching a point of crisis. China's economic model prioritizes flow-through of money, or growth above profit. Like a Ponzi scheme, it's exactly the kind of model that breaks down rapidly under crisis. With the global economic downturn, upcoming 2012 leadership changes, and the constant threat of social unrest (heightened by public tragedies such as the recent Shanghai train crash) China spreads its wealth abroad and overspends at home, so how long until this unbridled spending catches up to it?

China is facing some real challenges.
September 28th, 2011  
r.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker
As a soldier i'm in f*cking awe, i'm just glad i live in Poland not in Russia or USA, facing a conflict with a nation that has such discipline is just not funny at all.
hmmmmm interisting. an american saying that a country other then the us will rule the world. usa has highly disiplined combat troops that are battle hardened (mostly) china has 300 million illiterate conscripts. i know who im backing...
October 10th, 2011  
beaufortninja

I'm not worried about China at all. I've been there several times and am actually moving there long term to teach English. China has some issues that have the potential to be so insanely damaging it's not even funny. Gender imbalance (25 million more men than women), aging workforce (260 million over age 65 within 25 years), pollution, irreparable environmental damage like desertification, housing bubble that dwarfs America's (65 million empty homes), social unrest (180,000 protests in 2010), rampant government corruption, increasing regional isolation as neighboring countries align themselves with the US, no social safety net, increasing gap between rich and poor, food shortages, water shortages, and of course overpopulation. I think China will fall much faster than it rose and will be supplanted by India. India's population is already expected to eclipse China's by 2030 or so and as more workers retire from Chinese factories, India's youthful population will turn the country into the new factory of the world. And then the mainstream media will use India as the boogeyman to keep Americans in fear.

As far as China's military goes, yeah, it's really big. But people seem to forget that China is surrounded by a lot of not so friendly countries. So most of the soldiers are guarding the borders and assist with disaster response. That being said, they have some interesting new technology, like the carrier killer missile, which has momentarily check-mated the US but I seriously doubt any conflict will break out between them. China's prosperity is based around being good at business. And war would be very bad for business and China's economic growth is the only thing keeping the CCP legitimate. No more growth and they'll have trouble justifying a one party system to the people.

So don't worry about it fellas. China may talk the talk but the chances of it walking the walk are pretty slim.
October 11th, 2011  
SwordFish_13

Hi Panzercracker,

Parade is a very integral part of Asian Armies, I would not try to read much out of it, Just enjoy them . Huge armies, way to keep the citizen moral up, show of strength etc etc

Just sit back and relax and enjoy them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8XOsIB3a2I&feature=related"]Soldiers Marching on Republic Day, India - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPpcU2-Aas"]Tv9 - Republic day Parade in Delhi - Part 7 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pnWI-7L7c"]Tv9 - Republic day Parade in Delhi - Part 8 - YouTube[/ame]