China;Super camoflage - Page 2

--

March 20th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinese-canadian
usually call other races of people .
Yeah i dont believe there is any need to take offense.
March 20th, 2006  
chinese-canadian

ya..hopefully he isn't.
March 23rd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

The tanks look the best.
--
March 24th, 2006  
Venom PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
The tanks look the best.
Yeah I would like to have something like this in my garden.
Imagine the look on my neighbours faces
March 25th, 2006  
bulldogg

Decoys are an effective part of any military arsenal the Allies used them with great success in Britain. In these pictures it is easy to discern but from a jet moving at speed the pilot would be hard pressed to see a difference I believe and the soldier on the ground from 1000M out will not be able to see the difference and troops will react accordingly offering the enemy the initiative.
March 25th, 2006  
Rabs

I wonder what a javelin would do to a T-72 decoy.
March 25th, 2006  
bulldogg

It would be a waste of a few thousand dollars of ordinance and waste a round you might need for the real tank.
March 25th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Supposedly Yugoslavia saved a lot of their MiG-29 fleet during the NATO bombing because civilians volunteered to build convincing-enough decoys of them.
March 25th, 2006  
The Cooler King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Decoys are an effective part of any military arsenal the Allies used them with great success in Britain. In these pictures it is easy to discern but from a jet moving at speed the pilot would be hard pressed to see a difference I believe and the soldier on the ground from 1000M out will not be able to see the difference and troops will react accordingly offering the enemy the initiative.
They were used in conjunction with FUSAG and Operation Fortitude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fortitude
March 31st, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

They look like they were constructed with Legos...