China Increases Military Spending by 14.7%

ai...you got fooled by those people in Pentagon, do you know why they are so 'obsessed" with China these days?

letme explain to you (also you can read the book Pentagon's New Map)

During the Cold War, U.S armed forces could ask for pretty much unlimited funds by just simply playing the Soviet Union card, the Big Red One.

However, when the Big Red One went down, there was suddenly no military power on earth that was even close to U.S' military capability. If there is big enemy, there is certainly no need to put into 400 billion U.S dollar a year into the armed forces.
To keep the money, generals have to find another big sexy superpower as a threat to "bully" the congress into giving the armed force money. THe rising China is a great scapegoat.

If you look at China's record, it always acts in a moderate manner in global stage (not just now, but throughout history too, never really a nut conquering power like Nazi Germany or Japan).

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, the pentagon has a big blank check bruv making your argument complete bollocks, its called the war on terror.

The big issue to me is that here in China the PLA is COMPLAINING about the budget increase saying it is "not enough".
:shock:

China has no military enemies, there are no wolves howling at the front door so it begs the question "why"? There is more than enough paraphanalia about here to defend the country. The only possible expenditure would be in developing an offensive force.

As for this crap about how China has always behaved moderately... its because they had no other alternative. When they were at the top of the dogpile they acquired territory by conquest just like everyone else... Tibet, Mongolia, Vietnam etc.

And in every major city there is an arch inscribed with the characters, "Never forget what they did to us" The "they" being all the imperial powers who subjugated "us", China. The intent is to fuel retribution. The same goes for the continual scraping off of the scab of WWII and the Japanese. What possible purpose could this serve except as a justification for planned future attacks to pay the world back for its past treatment of China?

Last edited:
During the 1990s..after the fall of Soviets...for a while Pentagon has unable to find another big sexy superpower to fight with, the result, Clinton's budget cuts (no need for the big money to fight a bunch of lesser includes)

Not until recently those lesser includes are started to be considered important...however, if you look at all the reports the military sends to pentagon, all of them mentions China, relevent or not, it is a good way to ask for more money. You dont need 400 billion and 10000 nukes to find a bunch of lesser-includes. How you gonna keep that arsernal, use China!!

and talk about China's budget increase
if we dont look at inflation (pretty high in China throughout 1990s), there are great needs to increase salary for troops (officers especially, many civilian jobs pay 3 or 4 times better)..indeed, the military is increasing officers' salary this year by a big margin..where the money come from?? this 14%, so do the rising cost of fuel, this 14%....

and in history too
China is fairly moderate in comparison to other big powers, China did not go and invade other Asian nations all over, the worst China did was to attack a neighbouring nation to make it pay tribute. If you look at the map of Han Dynasty 2000 years ago, it is pretty much the same as China's today..you see my point?

Vietnam was invaded by China.
Tibet was invaded by China.
Mongolia was invaded by China.
China attempted an invasion of Japan but mother nature thought better of it and drowned the fleet.
China invaded South Korea.
China again invaded Vietnam.

China looks the same today only marginally and that is because it has always had stronger neighbours. When its neighbours were not stronger they acted as in the above short list of military actions so many Sino-philes wish to not recall.

Attacking to make it pay tribute? That is colonialism. You're splitting hairs and making excuses.

I am personally sick of all the excuses the China peaceniks keep making so please forgive my blunt and tactless response but the points stand. I simply cannot abide all this tripe any longer.

Did they or did they not invade other countries?

Last edited:
bulldogg said:
Vietnam was invaded by China.
Tibet was invaded by China.
Mongolia was invaded by China.
China attempted an invasion of Japan but mother nature thought better of it and drowned the fleet.
China invaded South Korea.
China again invaded Vietnam.

1. the invasion of Japan was done by Mongolians
2. mongolia has been a part of China since Han Dynasty, it is more of a Mongolians from North attack us.
3.In Tang dynasty, China's war with Korea was result by Korea's taking over of Chinese empire's lands in today's Dong Bei area

and which neighbour was stronger than Chinese empire in the history

Koreans? Vietnamese? mongolians??

if we got a bunch of neighbours stronger than us, we'd be destroyed 100 times already, and lost in history like Romans or Persians

and when did China start to have things like CRUSADE over other Asian nations, or try to conquer the whole world???

read the goddamn history book before you talk dude

chinese-canadian said:
1. the invasion of Japan was done by Mongolians
2. mongolia has been a part of China since Han Dynasty, it is more of a Mongolians from North attack us.
3.In Tang dynasty, China's war with Korea was result by Korea's taking over of Chinese empire's lands in today's Dong Bei area

and which neighbour was stronger than Chinese empire in the history

Koreans? Vietnamese? mongolians??

if we got a bunch of neighbours stronger than us, we'd be destroyed 100 times already, and lost in history like Romans or Persians

and when did China start to have things like CRUSADE over other Asian nations, or try to conquer the whole world???

read the goddamn history book before you talk dude
add one more words. can u find a nation or whatever that have no history of invading when it is strong, power??
so why must china be so kind and only should china be??
dont tell me us have no such **** history. at the biginning us has only 13 state, where did the other state come from? tell me.

Never said it was exclusive to China or any other country zhjsg but the continuous preaching of China being peace loving and never invading throughout history is disingenuous and outright false. Every country has excuses for its acts of aggression, they're like **** sphincters- everyone's got one but just being honest about what was done is all I ask. I am weary of the lies.

Chi-Can, you haven't changed since your last incarnation on this forum.

Well, You are seeing on the side if the US, and not from the point of a thrid party! No one said that China did not invade people. Neither did any one said that the US were always good! We must take two sides and not only one point!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/18/060318151321.l8fpez48.html

Thousands of Taiwanese hold anti-China rally
Mar 18 10:13 AM US/Eastern

Tens of thousands of slogan-chanting Taiwanese took to the streets to protest rival China's military threats against the island.
The demonstrators pledged to safeguard the island and called on China to dismantle the hundreds of ballistic missiles targeting Taiwan.

"The great Taiwanese people oppose annexation and invasion. We protect democracy and care for Taiwan... and say no to China," President Chen Shui-bian told the rally organized by his Democratic Progressive Party (DPP).
"Taiwan is an independent sovereign state. It belongs to the 23 million people on the island and its future should be decided by the people here rather than by the 1.3 billion people in China," Chen added.
The DPP said the rally was intended to highlight the increasing threat from China, which has some 780 ballistic missiles targeting Taiwan.
The protestors, estimated at 150,000 by the organizers, shouted slogans such as "Loving Taiwan, opposing annexation!" and "Loving peace, opposing missiles!".
Police estimates of the turnout were not available.
"Taiwan is not part of China. I oppose China for bullying Taiwan and wish for peace for Taiwan," DPP supporter Yeh Chien-rong told AFP.
The rally came after China's Prime Minister Wen Jiabao warned that Beijing was fully prepared "for all eventualities" in its efforts to rein in Taiwan's independence forces.

Beijing last year passed a law allowing it to use force against Taiwan if the island declared formal independence. Beijing regards the island as part of its territory although the two sides have been governed separately since they split at the end of a civil war in 1949.
Many of the marchers wore locally-made towels as headbands to protest massive imports of cheaper China-made towels which local manufacturers say threaten their survival.
Some also held red plastic model missiles to highlight China's military threat and ask Beijing to remove them.
Vice President Annette Lu and Premier Su Tseng-chang were among the DPP officials that attended the event as was Su Chin-chiang, head of the radical pro-independence party Taiwan Solidarity Union.
"We oppose ultimate unification as the sole option for Taiwan people as it runs against the principle of democracy," Chen said.
He also pledged to lead "Taiwan to walk the right and its own road" while saying the road may be bumpy.
Chen closed down the National Unification Council last month and scrapped the accompanying guidelines on reunification, a step the opposition says has heightened cross-strait tensions.
The council was considered largely symbolic and had been dormant since Chen was elected president in 2000 but his decision infuriated Beijing, which accused the Taiwanese leader of pushing the region towards disaster.

Chen has defended his decision, saying it was prompted by Beijing's persistent military threats and attempts to use non-peaceful means to unilaterally change the status quo in the Taiwan Strait.
The main opposition Kuomintang (KMT) poured cold water on Saturday's rally, saying the government should tackle the island's problems instead of organising protest rallies.
"The DPP is the governing party and it has many powers. It should use its powers to solve problems," said KMT leader Ma Ying-jeou, who is also mayor of Taipei.
Tens of thousands of KMT supporters took to the streets last weekend to protest Chen's policy towards China.

ya...although the people in Taiwan has twiced voted the DPP (pro-independence) out, and support the Nationalists (pro-unification) in both parliment and municipal elections by a large margin...

bulldogg said:
Chi-Can, you haven't changed since your last incarnation on this forum.

woo...so you are not Chinese I guess...because Chi-can...means eating meal in Mandarin....Chi is eat, Can is meal...

are you Chinese or what?
take off the flag if you are not

Not surprisingly all Chinese dodge the irrefutable and objective piece of evidence that lays waste to the entire argument of a "peaceful China"...

In every major city there is an arch inscribed with the characters, "Never forget what they did to us" The "they" being all the imperial powers who subjugated "us", China. The intent is to fuel retribution. The same goes for the continual scraping off of the scab of WWII and the Japanese. What possible purpose could this serve except as a justification for planned future attacks to pay the world back for its past treatment of China?

chinese-canadian said:
woo...so you are not Chinese I guess...because Chi-can...means eating meal in Mandarin....Chi is eat, Can is meal...

are you Chinese or what?
take off the flag if you are not

must be a foreign resident in china

Last edited:

I think he was shortening your name (notice how all of you have your country in your name and were the nationalist, giggle.)

Yeh so what, I think the United States is the greatest nation on earth. I know very dam well im a ultra-nationalist, I also know that you are as well.

Back