China ignores Vatican and appoints bishop

Well what's new? In Avallon there used to live a second Pope next to the one in the Vatican. It is quaint but hardly original..... And I did expect something bigger from our rising new worldpower; something like a communist Pope! That would raise an eyebrow :)

i heard vatican still regards tawain as a country which really hit CCP's nerves. maybe this is why ccp always do something to piss off Vatican.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make about as much sense as me flying an Icelandic flag and posting from the UK or if Greenland appointed a new Dalai Lama. It all sounds pretty silly to me.

Was I the only one to know that there was an official Chinese Church parallel to the real Catholic one and that Bejing does appoint bishops?

Its called the Catholic Patriotic Association... they even have a different creed... grrrrrr.

If that's the case, I guess the Vatican probably isn't very concerned about this at all. I'm sure they don't like it but it sounds like the same old same old.

Last edited:
I think the article is a little misleading. The Vatican was just making a suggestion, but aren't and haven't been really bothered by the CPCA for years. (Not since the RCC excommunicated the CPCA's bishops back in the 50s).

The CPCA doesn't recognize a lot of Catholic doctrine, nor any changes do it. (Vatican II for example) so it isn't really "Catholic" other than in name alone.

Very very true having been to the mass here it is Catholic in name only.

No Nicene Creed, no confession, no RCIA, no confirmations, no catechism and the priests are the most "limp" I have ever encountered. We don't go anymore for these reasons but hoof it over the border once in a while to HK for services.

Back