Chertoff: Aviation still vulnerable to terror (AP)

Of course, I'd agree with that. The security measures put in place helps lessen the threat a bit but that should not make folks comfortable enough to let their guard down, they still ought to be watching and paying attn to the going ons around them.

Terrorism is a form of economic and social warfare, they want us to bankrupt ourselves and or become so paranoid that we be come intraverted and make our children sit in front of the TV or Compter instead of playing outside. They shall not succeed.

Yep. You have to just take it sometimes. In order to be free, you must be brave. This is what it all means.
Truth is, a truly determined terrorist can do a lot of damage with the combination of resources, skill and luck.

Yeah but with the stellar work that the elite, highly trained, Ninja like members of TSA are doing how can that possible? I bet there isn't a nail clipper or eyebrow pencil on any flight in CONUS.:roll:

Just me but until to put some real LEO's in TSA aviation is always gonna be at risk.

Seriously, if I found a tourist in this country that said he worked for the TSA, I'd be feeding that guy his teeth.

Seiously. If another TSA security guard tells me he's a Federal Agent. I'm arresting him for impersonation and he will resist arrest.

Yeah but with the stellar work that the elite, highly trained, Ninja like members of TSA are doing how can that possible? I bet there isn't a nail clipper or eyebrow pencil on any flight in CONUS.:roll:

Just me but until to put some real LEO's in TSA aviation is always gonna be at risk.

Since the whole 9/11 thing happened what do you think the chances are of someone standing up in an aircraft aisle with any sort of weapon and claiming they are in charge?

The 9/11 hijackings were a one off because no one expected them to fly a plane into a building so sitting tight was the tactic of the day, this is no longer the case as has been demonstrated a few times since where people making these claims have simply been over powered by the passengers and crew of the aircraft.

Short of the cabin crew actually being in on the plot I personally think aircraft are safer now from hijackers than at any stage in there past.

Oh and the TSA do an adequate job, no complaints here.

Glad ya got faith in em. Apparently you don't deal with the same TSA employees I do. Nothing but a buncha yo boys and corner boys who lucked into a Fed gig. Mostly because the viable members of that agency move on rathar quickly due to mismanagement.

Glad ya got faith in em. Apparently you don't deal with the same TSA employees I do. Nothing but a buncha yo boys and corner boys who lucked into a Fed gig. Mostly because the viable members of that agency move on rathar quickly due to mismanagement.

Yes well I am lucky enough to only have to deal with the front end of the TSA I guess and as long as I can get on and off aircraft and through customs with the minimum of hassles I am happy and to be honest every time I have had issues they have been pretty good and sorting things out.

As it goes the fact that I can drive from Mexico into the USA through 2 check points and still not be asked for a passport should be more of a concern than 30 minutes of delays to a 12 hour flight.

Hell check points. We don need no stinkin check points. If they want in they go around the check points. In down town El Paso they cut holes in the Tortilla Curtain 100 yards from the check point. Hence the debate around building a wall.

Anybody that wants into this country via land ports of entry can get in. Because we're too worried about offending someone.

Hell check points. We don need no stinkin check points. If they want in they go around the check points. In down town El Paso they cut holes in the Tortilla Curtain 100 yards from the check point. Hence the debate around building a wall.

Anybody that wants into this country via land ports of entry can get in. Because we're too worried about offending someone.

Seems little point in trudging through a stinking hot desert if you can just drive across the border without incident.

So what exactly is the point of the two border posts?

The guy at the first one successfully woke me up but by the time I got around to answering his "Is everyone in the vehicle American" question he had already waved us through and walked off and the second one didn't stop us at all.

It's a secondary inspection point. If you trip the first points radar or something doesn't jive, you're set to secondary. Or you could just be the right number for the day. All depends on the Port.

Certain ports seem to pull more passenger vechicles. Others concentrate on Tractor Trailers and Trains.

Either way, PC ought to be the last of their concerns. Currently, PC seems to be their main goal which is obviously a Clusterfudge from hell.

The biggest cluster was created by creating DHS the way it presently is configured. Way too many agencies with way too many mission statements that over lap way tooooo much. Leading to the "My Johnsons bigger than yours." in fighting.

Way too many Agencies all fighting for a bigger piece of the pie, makes the entire Dept. suffer in quality.

btw monty. If your Latino ......you are going to secondary. Thats why they go thru the desert.

Last edited:
10-4 that, bigtime agree. The system was suppose to fix that problem that supposedly existed in a bad way prior to 11Sept01, seems since 11Sept01, it's not any better. Just as bad or worse, with more folks involved this time.

They shoulda fixed the Spooks at Langely and the Special Agents at the J. Edgar building first IMHO.

Part of the problem is too much stuff gets labeled top secret that probably shouldn't be, at least not to the point where the law enforcement community doesn't know what each other is up to. Thats part of the reason the communication brick walls are present and than they wonder why crap don't work under high stress, dynamic situations.

Back