View Poll Results :CHANGE THE FLAG?
CHANGE! 6 50.00%
STATUS QUO 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 30th, 2005  
tankgirl_88

what are the other options that you are talking about? you only show one pic, maybe another is in order here.... although i do think it looks cool, it just reminds me of those social science classes that i had in elementary school where we had to reproduce a drawing of the Canadian Flag...that was tough, but the swirly would be harder too! lol, i dunno, what ever i guess
January 30th, 2005  
D_Plus_One

Personally out of the ones on the website, I like the New Southern Cross design - simple and distinctive - I can't think of another country with a flag quite like that.

Although I am not sure about changing the flag, is there to be a vote or anything about it?
January 30th, 2005  
CDTGaticaW201

I agree with the changing of the design, and maybe not so much in colors. The flag for some reason comes off as a logo, or extremely modern and artsy. It's cool though, but I think a simpler flag would probably serve best.
--
Boots
January 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
BTW i have always liked south koreas flag....and by any chance have you seen the video for basement jax's song "kish kash"? it may remind you of somethign....
Hmmm not seen that. What's it like?
January 30th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Hmm, If people feel the flag dose not represent the country, they should change it.

We have people talking about doing the same here, but i feel very attached to the flag.
January 30th, 2005  
chewie_nz

this is the design that the creators of the petition want, it is simple, but i think it looks like a pirate flag, also too close to supporters flags for the all blacks rugby team (not all of us like rugby )

another flag that i like is this one;

this is the flag of "tino rangatirotanga" (say it as it's spelt) but as this represents something very divisive here in NZ, (maori self rule) it won't be adopted

the only way the NZ flag can be changed is after a binding referendum, and the petition is the first step towards that.
January 31st, 2005  
Charge 7

Yes, I think you should have your own flag without the Union Jack in the canton, Australia too for that matter. I like the Mike Lloyd design. Proper Moari colors while still keeping the Southern Cross stars in red so long identified with New Zealand. The fern would also salve the feelings of the veterans who had fought for the old flag. One only has to look at the WWI gravestone at http://www.nzflag.com/gallery.cfm to see that that symbol is already embraced by them.
January 31st, 2005  
Trevor

That looks very nice! Eye catching.
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think the Southern Cross MUST be kept somewhere because that is the part of the current flag that really represents traditional New Zealand.
January 31st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

I kinda have an idea of what a nice flag might look like.

Background is a not too dark green. With a branch with leaves coming out in a light relaxing color.