CBS - JAG series

phoenix80

Banned
Does any one here watch CBS's JAG series on TV?

If yes, let's share some thoughts on this TV show.

What do you think of it? How real does it sound ?

The show has run its course in the US. It ended last season with Mac and Harm finally getting together - only took them what? 8 years?

The show was more believable when it was in it's earlier seasons. I think they started to run out of ideas long before it was cancelled though. Harm seemed to get the Navy Cross every other episode for example and managed to survive things that should've easily killed him. Oh well that's TV.

I like JAG's successor NCIS much, much better. Far more believable and not at all short on ideas. Having Kate (The female lead) get shot between the eyes by a terrorist at the end of the first season was not only a shocker but made the reality of such an act come home to many viewers I'm sure.

In the earlier episodes, every problem was solved by Harm hopping into his F-14.

The show did have a lot of special guests that were military, however.

I agree JAG was good in its early seasons.

It has become crap in its 8th & 9th seasons.

Here in Canada, we are still watching 8th season of JAG.

BTW-- Catherine Bell is half Iranians.

Geez. That show drove me bat :cen: . The Admiral is a SEAL, Harms a Cat Driver, they throw in Bubbleheads all the time, everybody in the Navy has a Surface Warfare badge, except Roberts.

I never saw a Marine without a Rifle Expert Badge and a Pistol Expert Badge regardless of rank or billet. And if JAG's costume people can be believed roughly 75% of the Corps is Jump Qualed and 45% have SCUBA Badges.

Like Charge I guess I'll stick with NCIS.

It was a good show, I loved watching it with my father back during my high school days. It was something that we shared interest in. That and Catherine Bell is HOT HOT HOT! :firedevi:

Back