CAP is supposed to be about integrity and respect! - Page 4

--

July 7th, 2005  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliehz
First, respect his position. I think people tend to get respect for the person and the respect for grade mixed up. You will not always respect the person above you, but just remember when you say "Yes Sir", etc. That you are showing the due respect for the Grade that person holds...
I know a few people like that. I said "Yes, sir" when I really felt like saying "Go **** yourself." I had a captain once who was a complete dirt bag, but he had three disks on his shoulders, so I saluted whenever I saw him, but never spoke to him unless I absolutely had to.
July 7th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Yeah, I've always said to my self "Respect is given to the grade/rank. Not the person." It works even when I want to replace the salute with a less respectful or more painful gesture.
July 7th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

"Respect is given to the grade/rank. Not the person." Love Band of Brothers! I tottaly agree
--
July 7th, 2005  
alliehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliehz
First, respect his position. I think people tend to get respect for the person and the respect for grade mixed up. You will not always respect the person above you, but just remember when you say "Yes Sir", etc. That you are showing the due respect for the Grade that person holds...
I know a few people like that. I said "Yes, sir" when I really felt like saying "Go f**k yourself." I had a captain once who was a complete dirt bag, but he had three disks on his shoulders, so I saluted whenever I saw him, but never spoke to him unless I absolutely had to.
Yeah, I feel like that alot when I'm at group activities. Some people it's hard just to acknowledge them
July 12th, 2005  
CadetGirl605

there was an airshow over the weekend (I was unable to attend) and my friend/ fellow cadet went. Airman Duffy (guess who was in charge of the cadets?) was going to make another cadet do 50 push ups for saying something that didn't have anything to do with CAP so my friend argued with duffy and said something like " We both know that CAP is not allowed to make us do push ups outside of PT" and Duffy said that that was pushups for punishment and he was giving 50 *motivational* push ups... is there such thing?
July 12th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Not in CAP. Maybe in Cadet Duffy's twisted mind. You can motivate them while they're doing pushups. Such as "That pushup was great. I know you can do 50 more just like it".
July 12th, 2005  
alliehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadetGirl605
*motivational* push ups... is there such thing?
I hope this helps.
NO

July 12th, 2005  
CAP_FOXTROTgrl6

respect should go to all cadet no matter name or grade. yes more respect is given to officers and higher grade/rank, but respect should be given all round.

AND NO THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MOTIVATIONAL PUSH-UPS
July 12th, 2005  
CadetGirl605

Ok i was talking to another cadet during this extra PT type of thing and he said push ups are allowed only if the person who gave them is doing them too. but if that is right Airman Duffy never does them and makes us stay down for like 10 seconds. Duffy always tells us if one person messes up the whole team goes down, but isn't he supposed to be part of that *team*??????????????
July 12th, 2005  
alliehz

Ok, this applies to everything you had said about this cadet and everything you will say about him.

He is an IDIOT who knows nothing as he has shown time and time again

I'm having a bad day. Carry on people.