CAP is supposed to be about integrity and respect! - Page 2

--

May 30th, 2005  
airmanpatroler

Hmmmm well haow about telling how you feel to his face. Keep it nice and don't yell just be calm and just bring it to his attention. That ought to clear things up.
May 31st, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliehz
Yeah, Airman is considered low. One stipe kind of makes the obvious...obvious.... but command positions have been given to Enlisted Cadets.

USAFAUX, I highly suggest you don't get yourself in the mess. The problem if you do is you can potentially make her life harder and you have just opened yourself up for fire. I have seen this situation before and the best thing to do, if you decide to intervene, is get the support of Senior Members out side of that Sq- but in the same group. I know you want to help, but get yourself a team and try not to be a hero, that can make things worse.
There are 12 cadets like her, I am not even going to mention any names. And even if i get into the mess i have had a few of these situations
May 31st, 2005  
alliehz

I understand that you are frustrate to see things like this happen, but I have been involved with situations like this, you also have to remember it will always happen. I am not speaking out of lack of knowledge. I highly suggest you don't go in there and try to help on your own- if you have resources use them! If both you and the female cadet want to change things, get a team, it will help. I would normally say don't do it, but if you are going to at least get a team of people who will support you.

I can not stress this enough- use your resources that are available to you and take the initiative to seek them out.
--
June 8th, 2005  
airmanpatroler

I have an idea go directly to your Senior members they are always willing to help the cadets
June 8th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanpatroler
I have an idea go directly to your Senior members they are always willing to help the cadets
But there are those senior that like Canada
June 9th, 2005  
airmanpatroler

Yell at that Canada fella and give him a piece of your mind hes only an airman
June 9th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Yell at that Canada fella and give him a piece of your mind hes only an airman
Shes a basic though
June 9th, 2005  
airmanpatroler

so what? I was an air man and told off a A1C before
June 9th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
so what? I was an air man and told off a A1C before
not good...
June 22nd, 2005  
ChrissyJean725

After about three years in CAP, I've learned that some people abuse their grade and position. That's just the way it is. There's going to be people out there who don't deserve their position. My advice- bring it up with a senior member. I wouldn't "tell him off" as some people on here are telling you. Then you would be doing exactly what he's doing, and it would likely just make the matters worse.