CAP sqdn difficulties

--

August 3rd, 2005  
40's Timmons

Topic: CAP sqdn difficulties

Im a C/SMSGT from The CAP's PA wing. I've been in CAP for over 2 years, and I enjoy being in. But, theres a problem. My squadron has been having problems. 2-3 other cadets and myself are beginning to think about transferring to another squad near by, but Im not sure if its the right thing to do. If you look on this forum, please tell me how your squadron is run. At my squadron, the cadet staff has no control over what goes on. Even the CC has no say as to what the cadets can do. Our senior members have complete control over what goes on through the entire squadron. I just want to know if this is normal. Is it???
August 3rd, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

That's not normal, but sadly not uncommon. The senior members are supposed to let the Cadet Staff run the cadet part of the squadron only stepping in when they need to. Like at my squadron.
August 4th, 2005  
CAPmech

i agree our sq is run by the CC with our DCC running the seniors just telling us what week it is (ie. PT-AE-ES)
--
August 4th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

What is it with PA Wing Sq.'s? No it is not normal, and yes I think it would be wise to transfer because you cannot win a battle against Seniors, even if they are wrong. (Believe me, I tried multiple times)
August 5th, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

Really it all depends. Maybe someone needs to sit down with the Senior Members to see what can be worked out to get a better balance of control. When I took over command, my Senior Members did everything because i was completely lost. Slowly, I gained more control of things and finally assumed most of the command duties.

It might be that the Senior Members think that they are doing you a favor traking over command so that it is less work.

Other then that, I don't know what to say. I can't see any Senior Members being completely set on having complete control as they lead busy lives also, so a little bargaining and discussing what everybody is willing to do for the goals of the common people is probably the best place to start. If you cadet commander has any problems or would like some advice personally, go ahead and tell them to IM me.

I sorta like some of the people in PAWG. Wait, they aren't there anymore, scratch that (just kidding, it is a great wing)
August 8th, 2005  
40's Timmons

Topic: thanks

thanks for the input. Its been like this for a little over a year now. Our CC doesnt wanna stay cuz she's had to put up with the seniors. The worst thing so far was a month ago. They took ALL the cadet staff (myself included), and replaced us with inexperienced airman and SSGT's.
They removed the position of CC and put a chief in the highest position of 1st sgt. Then, they put the old CC and DC who are both 2nd LT's and put them as Flight commanders. The only other staff positions are Element leaders, and they put airman in those positions.
That was the last straw for us, but I still am not sure its the right thing to just pack up and leave my other friends behind.
August 8th, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

Topic: Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40's Timmons
thanks for the input. Its been like this for a little over a year now. Our CC doesnt wanna stay cuz she's had to put up with the seniors. The worst thing so far was a month ago. They took ALL the cadet staff (myself included), and replaced us with inexperienced airman and SSGT's.
They removed the position of CC and put a chief in the highest position of 1st sgt. Then, they put the old CC and DC who are both 2nd LT's and put them as Flight commanders. The only other staff positions are Element leaders, and they put airman in those positions.
That was the last straw for us, but I still am not sure its the right thing to just pack up and leave my other friends behind.
While that is a common thing to do with an inexperienced squadron, it doesn't seem like you had that problem. Yeah, I would stay, but please, please talk to the SMs. Be persistent. Also, stay for the little guys who are now probably scared as crap (tho they may not show it) because they just got these positions dumped on them.
August 9th, 2005  
40's Timmons

Crazy,
We have been trying to get things running smoothly for almost a year straight. The Sm staff are not listening cuz theyre the cause. Our CC has tried to get through to them, and had a new staff roster and everything to get the squad going straight. The SM's ignored it, and put in a lazy duface as 1st sgt, and put relatively inexperienced people in any other positions. The cadets who havent been on staff, or are just lower in rank have no idea anything is wrong. Ironically, we havent had 10 cadets at the meetings since the staff change. Maybe its just because its summer, or they know that some of the former upper staff are leaving or left. THIS IS
August 9th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Crazy,
We have been trying to get things running smoothly for almost a year straight. The Sm staff are not listening cuz theyre the cause. Our CC has tried to get through to them, and had a new staff roster and everything to get the squad going straight. The SM's ignored it, and put in a lazy duface as 1st sgt, and put relatively inexperienced people in any other positions. The cadets who havent been on staff, or are just lower in rank have no idea anything is wrong. Ironically, we havent had 10 cadets at the meetings since the staff change. Maybe its just because its summer, or they know that some of the former upper staff are leaving or left. THIS IS
*change of hearT?* I suggest you wait until it fills at least 2 pages before you get this attitude. ~Crazy

He mentioned going to the group commander.
August 9th, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Crazy,
Whoa, now calm down cowboy. No name calling, please.

While you are deciding where you belong in this program, why don't you take that time to teach the younger cadets. They are lazy and can't do the job because they don't know how to do the job. Maybe it's all the SMs and they want to keep things under their control... you gotta roll with the punches.

Like the person above me said, you need to get someone higher then your SMs to possibly have a meeting with you and the remaining of the old staff to see what is going on. No accusations before proof, alright? That kinda stuff gets you crapped on.