CAP sqdn difficulties - Page 2

--

August 9th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I agree with what crazy said. Teach the inexperienced cadets on what to do first. That's your duty when you've been in a position and now have been removed. Teach those who are not learned in a position. Not only will you earn their respect but you will also earn the respect of those around you. Then after a while and it still does not work then go up to a higher authority, speak with them, and try to work something out. I think that the first thing that needs to be taught in school should be, "Do something because you see it needs to be done." Facta non verba: Deeds not words.
August 10th, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Chief Robot
Facta non verba: Deeds not words.
That's my squadron motto.

Along with something like: "Fly through life as a Golden Eagle. There is no need for someone to cling to, for you are the foundation for others." Yeah, I didn't make it up, some pastor told me that when she found out that I was in Golden Eagle Composite Squadron and that's where she used to be.
August 10th, 2005  
40's Timmons

you guys are right. My one friend who is completely bent on leaving just keeps getting negative about the squadron, but thats his problem. I'll try my best to teach the cadets the skills they need to possibly salvage this squad. Some of the things going on over here are plain nuts, we can solve what we can. I appreciate your input, thanks.
--
August 11th, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40's Timmons
you guys are right. My one friend who is completely bent on leaving just keeps getting negative about the squadron, but thats his problem. I'll try my best to teach the cadets the skills they need to possibly salvage this squad. Some of the things going on over here are plain nuts, we can solve what we can. I appreciate your input, thanks.
I must say, I am very impressed with your attitude. Please let us know if we can help you with anything about the positions, or let me know if any of the cadets need some... uh, wall to wall counseling... the semi-legal way. :P You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, and pretty patient at that, so just keep it up.
August 11th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40's Timmons
I'll try my best to teach the cadets the skills they need to possibly salvage this squad. Some of the things going on over here are plain nuts, we can solve what we can.
That's the attitude . Good luck with your squadron. Also remember that your squadron may seem to be sinking deeper and deeper as things are changed for the best. If that happens just roll with the punches. A good read for situations like these would be Steal My Soldier's Hearts.
August 23rd, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

How are things going? Just thought I would check in on ya! If you need anybody to tell all those "I can't believe they did this" stories that are just plain embarrassing - then I am your girl. I'll even trade with you lol. I know how it is, and sometimes it just helps to get it out.
September 5th, 2005  
40's Timmons

well, our old CC got back from the army, and he's basically taken control of the show, but he insists that he's not trying to be on staff. Things have mellowed out, but nothings REALLY changed. There may be a big change coming, but I cant talk about it. All i can say is that things may definantly change! thanks for your concern.

cya later
September 26th, 2005  
youngCAPcadet

Do they have regular staff meetings, you can mention something to your CC, and your CC can mention it in the meeting.
September 29th, 2005  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngCAPcadet
Do they have regular staff meetings? you can mention something to your CC, and your CC can mention it in the meeting.
Will you bea little more quote specific? Errrr, he can mention what to his, I'm guessing Squadron Commander? No he shouldn't... Going to SMs to talk to them about how they just screwed you over is little different then talking to your squadron commander about... still unknown subject.

It sounds like things have settled down a bit for a little while, so it's time to start obeying the already set rules and beginning to roll with the punches again. It's a great tactic, and you will seriously be suprised what you learn from it.
October 18th, 2005  
058flightsgt

Agreed with Crazy.
All you can do is the best you can for those looking up to you. My sqd Started with that problem when there got to be soooo many more SM's then Cadets that they were getting basicaly bored and jerking with us cuz they could. That was solved by them making a SM squadron. You've just kinda gotta role with it though, AND kindly push things to get done. Don't dis the SM's infront of or to the other cadets (Believe me, makes things worse) I've been through a squadron dismantling and being forced to transfer, because of an SM started saying really mean stuff discouraging a cadet and a parent got mad, and it is really hard cause it was something simple a SM shouldn't have done. So good job and good luck! I hope it all works out for you!
Let us know