can't pass the asvab!

ThisRecruit

I feel pretty stupid because I can't seem to pass the asvab. To something I thought was 'easy' apprently wasnt as easy as I thought; basing from my scores. I have took the asvab test now two times. The first time I took it I got a 15, the second time I took it I had to wait 30 days and I got a 19.

The first asvab test seemed to be really really easy. Obviously it wasn't as easy as a thought otherwise I would have passed atleast bare minumum.
When I took the asvab the second time, it was completely different than the first one and I thought it was allot harder than the first one.

How many versions do they have?
I read somewhere online, that they are not allowed to give you the same version within a 6 month period, so I am woundering, if I was to wait six months what are the chances I would get the first version again? Or because they have more than one it's very unlikley even if I waited six months?

Since I will be out for taking it a third time, how long must I wait? Does the times work like, second time you take, you have to wait 30 days, then the third time you retake, you have to wait another 30 days or 6 months to retake?

What are some of your suggestions or for those of you who recently took the asvab, let it be your first time, second time, whatever, if you passed what methods did you use; and in detail, that helped you improve your score. How long did you study for, what did you do on test day etc? I think everything the way I approch thing, not putting real dediction with time into studying hurt me and hurt my score. I need help..suggestions?

This is something I really want to do. So although I haven't passed for the SECOND time, I'm not going to give up. I want to be int he military and I won't give up.

The best thing I can recommend is going to your local library and check out the practice ASVAB, if they don't have one there get a GED book. Practice, practice, practice....there is also some practice test on Military.com - http://www.military.com/ASVAB. There are also 3 short version test and 3 full length test on http://www.military.com/ASVAB. I also have the ASVAB for Dummies on page 7 of the Book Store on my website

Last edited by a moderator:
Back