Canadian in America (I hope)

Canadian101

I am a Canadian citizen with diabetes, but who achieves very high marks in school. I wish to join the American military. Is there any way I can attend a military academy, hopefully studying military history or strategy? I have wanted to join the military for years, but my lack of American citizenship seems to be a problem. Any advice?

You can enlist. As far as an Academy you have to be a citizen. Other than that you'll probably have a problem enlisting with diabetes.

You also have to be a legal resident to enlist.

The diabetes is a definite no-go.

You can always look towards the civilian sector for civil service careers, however.

Ya there nothing wrong with the Canadian military. Im in the army reserves and it is a great part time job. If you go to the Royal Military Collage in Kingston Ontario you could apply to be a military exchange student. I have heared of ppl doing that. And I hate to be the one to tell you this but I dont thing you could get into any military with diabetes, but i could be wrong. The best thing for you to do is talk to your local recruiter, or you can either call or e-mail an american recruiter.

I wish you Good Luck with finding the right job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Canadian armed forces allow people to enlist with diabetes?

I think one would be hard pressed to find a service that does. Its unfortunate but a reality I am afraid.

Back