Can you mourn over a killed terrorist?

--
Boots

February 17th, 2015  
Kesse81

Topic: Can you mourn over a killed terrorist?

Since the attacks, the Danish population in memory of the victims has placed flowers at the two locations where two men were killed by a mad offender.

A small group of people have laid flowers where the alleged offender, Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein, was shot and killed by the police Sunday night and it has aroused great anger and outrage especially on social Medias.

A person writes: Flowers placed, where the terrorist was killed. How stupid, disrespectful and inhumane to honor him. "

There may be several reasons why you want to remember a young man, although he has committed a crime of this kind.

He was the son of someone. Maybe itīs his parents, siblings or friends expressions of grief. One should consider whether itīs the human or the offender, the flowers are for. Therefore, I do not judge those who have laid flowers for the young man.

I think it's so sad what has happened and I would not dream of putting flowers there, but I believe that one should acknowledge a family's mourning whatever.
February 17th, 2015  
MontyB

I am not sure how I feel about that for example I could not imagine putting flowers on Hitlers grave but certainly the guy had family and friends and they are entitled to mourn his death but you would think they would want to do it rather quietly.
February 17th, 2015  
Queensman

We're the people who played the flowers related to him, or were they put there by people sympathetic to what he represents? If it was the former I could understand the reason, a bit like laying flowers at the scene of a road accident in memory of a loved one.
If it's the latter then i hope that the police can track them down and watch them to see if they are in turn planning something.
It is quite disrespectful to the dead and Injured and their families of too.
It could also be described as disrespectful to the Danish service personnel who died fighting the taliban.
--
Boots
February 18th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

I have to agree 100% with that statement Queensman
February 18th, 2015  
Kesse81

Whether it is for one reason or another they have placed flowers or it was only to show sympathy with his misdeeds, then that’s just it.
You have that right in a democracy and itīs also one of the reasons why I wear a uniform.
Is it disrespectful to the victims' families, yes it is, but completely legal.
Is it disrespectful to Danish soldiers? I believe most of them think like I do. I just shake it off.
February 19th, 2015  
tetvet

I would probably mourn with joy .
February 19th, 2015  
MikeP

Piss on him.
He gave up any right to human consideration.
Discard him with other garbage.
His family needs to live with that.
February 20th, 2015  
Queensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP
Piss on him.
He gave up any right to human consideration.
Discard him with other garbage.
His family needs to live with that.
Now that's the attitude I admire, say it as you see it
February 20th, 2015  
Kesse81

Thereīs a little word called empathy.
Or do you believe that his family is complicit?
February 20th, 2015  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesse81
Thereīs a little word called empathy.
Or do you believe that his family is complicit?
He was a murderous thug. Services and memorials should be keep private considering his murdering of unknown innocents. You would think his family would be ashamed.