Can I go through USMC basic at age 17?

PotenC

Hi, I am 16 years old and turning 17 on April 1st. I am a cadet at NMMI (New Mexico Military Institute) I was just wondering if there is anyway I can go through basic between my junior and senior years of High School and then get my diploma after my senior year? Thank you in advance for any answers given.

Semper Fi

The Army has a program where you can do this; but I do not believe the Marine Corps does. They will train you for a year until you graduate from high school and go to boot camp.

Always ask your recruiter questions like these, because things change rapidly in the recruiting field and even those of us who recently went through it can have outdated information.

Hi, I am 16 years old and turning 17 on April 1st. I am a cadet at NMMI (New Mexico Military Institute) I was just wondering if there is anyway I can go through basic between my junior and senior years of High School and then get my diploma after my senior year? Thank you in advance for any answers given.

Semper Fi

LOL.... You are at NMMI? My number is 900056..... :cheers:

You can come in the Marine Corps at 17, I'm pretty sure that you have to have a high school degree or a GED(waiver) but your legal guardians must sign off on it. Becoming a poolee(delayed entry program) may be an option for you also, you sign your papers and then have up to a year to join. This year will count for your inactive reserve time. I am in the Marine Corps and this is all accurate information as far as I know, your best option would be to talk to a recruiter.

Back