Can anyone help me?

lovemyjob

Hey Everyone! Not sure if anyone can help, but I need video footage in quick time of men and women in Iraq or Afghanistan. We are compiling footage for a video for a limited edition piece designed for a Faithful Soldier by Raul Rubio...Let me know if you can help out with this :) Thank you!

I'm sorry...I should've clarified, I just didn't want to go into this pitch of what afaithfulsoldier is so that i wouldn't be thought of as a solicitor/spammer, etc. I'm not here to promote the brand, just seek advice :) But to get tot he point... A Faithful Soldier is a company started by my friend who wanted to find a way to honor the military. She wants people to be more aware and grateful for what our armed services is doing for us, and it seems like those folks who arent directly related or know someone, don't really give it much thought. She wants to make trendy products (ex. dog tags, t-shirts, jewelry) that your average hipster can wear...basically show respect the way ppl wear NYPD or shirts of celebrities, politicians, organizations etc. Also, 15% of all proceeds goes to Soldier's Angels and she is currently looking into other charities to work with. Hope that explains it and I'm sorry for rambling. Oh yeah, and Raul Rubio is the guy who painted that famous Obama sketch in a video while showing clips of him. He's doing a similar thing for afaithfulsoldier, and so we need real footage of our Armed Forces. Please let me know if i left anything out!

Hey Everyone! Not sure if anyone can help, but I need video footage in quick time of men and women in Iraq or Afghanistan. We are compiling footage for a video for a limited edition piece designed for a Faithful Soldier by Raul Rubio...Let me know if you can help out with this :) Thank you!

You might help yourself by not limiting the format to Quiktime only and discussing what exactly you're looking for. That is, are you looking more for full length, mission-type patrol footage, actual combat recordings, or soldiers in the FOB doing what soldiers do?

However, I have to be honest here. Please don't take what I am about to say personally.

I cannot see the connection between streaming video and the tee shirt et al. your friend wishes to sell. To us, it reads like you want footage for a commercial.

15%? That is not, to me anyway, looking for a way to support our brothers and sisters. That's looking to make an easy dollar with a feel-good effort to assuage veterans that they're "giving back" while you (her, whatever) make a profit after refusing to wear the uniform and get sand in your craw yourself. We give you the freebies you want and you make money off of the sacrifices that we actually did.

Soldiers shouldn't be relegated to a means of profit. Yeah, we protect your right to do so, but can you see how insulting it is to come here, fish for free experiences, and use our own personal memoirs to line your pockets for the easy buck? And how just insulting it REALLY is when you tell us that your friend was just "want[ing] to find a way to honor the military" while she has dreams of being rich off of OUR commitment to country?

Or when you make comments such as, "trendy products?" What trend is that? That we're giving our lives in sacrifice, our families and all the training and deployments so that some snot-nosed teenager can wear a cool T-shirt with their jeans hanging down to their knees while they flick gangster signs into the YouTube video?

And you want us to be impressed because someone once painted Obama, who is currently in the process of screwing the veterans of this country?

"[T]hat your average hipster can wear..."

What in the WORLD makes you think that we want our honor on some "hippster's" choice of current clothing that is in fad?

This isn't a trend for you to exploit. We do this all day, every day. The audacity that is dimishing our choice to serve is rambunctious, but pathetic.

Again, I am not trying to be confrontational by any means. But you'll get your free promotional footage and walk away just as the rest.

If you and your friend REALLY want to honor what we've given, join the IAVA. You won't make any money. We won't make any money.

But some things are way above money.

I find it incredulous that you purport this altruistic attitude to suckle off the teet of the sacrifice of so many. It is beyond contempt. We are not a profit margin awaiting exploitation by those refusing to serve themselves.

I apologize for being so blunt.

You might help yourself by not limiting the format to Quiktime only and discussing what exactly you're looking for. That is, are you looking more for full length, mission-type patrol footage, actual combat recordings, or soldiers in the FOB doing what soldiers do?

However, I have to be honest here. Please don't take what I am about to say personally.

I cannot see the connection between streaming video and the tee shirt et al. your friend wishes to sell. To us, it reads like you want footage for a commercial.

15%? That is not, to me anyway, looking for a way to support our brothers and sisters. That's looking to make an easy dollar with a feel-good effort to assuage veterans that they're "giving back" while you (her, whatever) make a profit after refusing to wear the uniform and get sand in your craw yourself. We give you the freebies you want and you make money off of the sacrifices that we actually did.

Soldiers shouldn't be relegated to a means of profit. Yeah, we protect your right to do so, but can you see how insulting it is to come here, fish for free experiences, and use our own personal memoirs to line your pockets for the easy buck? And how just insulting it REALLY is when you tell us that your friend was just "want[ing] to find a way to honor the military" while she has dreams of being rich off of OUR commitment to country?

Or when you make comments such as, "trendy products?" What trend is that? That we're giving our lives in sacrifice, our families and all the training and deployments so that some snot-nosed teenager can wear a cool T-shirt with their jeans hanging down to their knees while they flick gangster signs into the YouTube video?

And you want us to be impressed because someone once painted Obama, who is currently in the process of screwing the veterans of this country?

What in the WORLD makes you think that we want our honor on some "hippster's" choice of current clothing that is in fad?

This isn't a trend for you to exploit. We do this all day, every day. The audacity that is dimishing our choice to serve is rambunctious, but pathetic.

Again, I am not trying to be confrontational by any means. But you'll get your free promotional footage and walk away just as the rest.

If you and your friend REALLY want to honor what we've given, join the IAVA. You won't make any money. We won't make any money.

I find it incredulous that you purport this altruistic attitude to suckle off the teet of the sacrifice of so many. It is beyond contempt. We are not a profit margin awaiting exploitation by those refusing to serve themselves.

No need to apologize, AZ. I agree with your post 100%.

Same here. I think if they're legitimate, they won't need all of this handed to them, they'd already know it.

No need to apologize, AZ. I agree with your post 100%.

Agree with AZ and tomtom. If your friend wants to "turn a buck" use something else.

If your friend wants to honor soliders have your friend donate to Wounded Warriors, Army Emergency Relief, Navy Marine Corps Relief or the other service related organizations. Hell send care packages.

Using the images of warriors who sacrificed to make "hipsters" feel all self important is beneath my contempt.

Back