Can Adapt Can Think

tetvet

Banned
What makes the average American Soldier superior to all others is his ability to adapt to any situation and any conditions anywhere , Europe , Pacific Islands , Korea , Vietnam , the desert and the Mountains Where else can you find people like this ? , he also has the ability to think he is not a mindless robot that would march off a cliff if so ordered , on a mission the American Soldier can adjust to circumstances as needed to complete the mission .:brave:

Last edited:
I've served with some highly switched on professional soldiers, who weren't up their own arse! You're not the only ex serviceman on here. I think your original comment is narrow minded and designed to get backs up considering this is an "International" military forum. There are excellent soldiers in all countries not just America!

I've served with some highly switched on professional soldiers, who weren't up their own arse! You're not the only ex serviceman on here. I think your original comment is narrow minded and designed to get backs up considering this is an "International" military forum. There are excellent soldiers in all countries not just America!

The SAS and SBS (among other regiments) are second to none. The Aussies, Kiwis among others were among the best fighters during WW2 and in my opinion still are. I wonder how the gobby twat would do up agains't British trained Ghurka's.

Last edited:
Missed the point , I was referring to the average American Soldier , the boy from the corn field in Nebraska that went to Europe to fight and to ensure that Royalty and the people of the UK could live on .

How small minded, we were fighting in Europe for 3 years before America got off their arse and joined the fight. They only reason you joined in was because Pearl Harbour got bombed!

Yeah you fought all right , Dunkirk , Singapore , Greece and Crete to name a few , Churchill said when the U.S. entered the War thank God now we're saved .

Missed the point , I was referring to the average American Soldier , the boy from the corn field in Nebraska that went to Europe to fight and to ensure that Royalty and the people of the UK could live on .

No point was missed. The boy from Nebraska wasn't fighting for the British Royalty or the people of UK, he was fighting to help rid occupied Europe of Nazism along with the rest of the Allies.

Its only because of the respect I have for other Americans in general, serving or ex serving US military people on this site I am biting my tongue.

You must've know a different Churchill to me then, as Prime Minister Churchill would never have said that. I suppose you won WW2 all on your own and cracked the enigma code too? :roll: Biting your tongue - I've fecking bitten mine off!!!

All countries have good soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen. Regardless if they are in a professional military or a mandatory military. The Finnish soldiers during the Second World War were one of the best winter soldiers ever. The Polish volunteers fighting the Germans from GB. Their fighter pilots were one of a kind.

It was the combined effort primarily of the US, Britain and the common wealth and the USSR (but also of many resistance and partisan groups) that fought to defeat the Nazi menace. Whom I personally consider one of, if not the greatest treat to western civilization. Unlike some I think their was a chance of Germany winning the war up until 42. The main advantage the US had over Britain was manpower (sheer numbers) and the fact that the US was an industrial powerhouse that couldn't be bombed.

Their were so many groups that carried themselves in an extraordinary fashion during the war, I could write a book on the topic, both American, British and commonwealth and even the Ivan's. Gurkas, Highlanders, US Marine Corps, Polish fighting for the Allies, the Night Witches to name but a few

Last edited:
The American Army right up to 1970 were 80% draftees not professionals but they adapted quickly and made the difference everywhere they went .

What makes the average American Soldier superior to all others is his ability to adapt to any situation and any conditions anywhere , Europe , Pacific Islands , Korea , Vietnam , the desert and the Mountains Where else can you find people like this ? , he also has the ability to think he is not a mindless robot that would march off a cliff if so ordered , on a mission the American Soldier can adjust to circumstances as needed to complete the mission .:brave:
And you know, of course, the standard of other nations' military training.
Captain America saves the world again and again - what a joke.

The American Army right up to 1970 were 80% draftees not professionals but they adapted quickly and made the difference everywhere they went .
And we in Europe still ran around and beating each other with Clubs.

Have you ever trained with other NATO countries?
Let me tell one thing - I have trained and fought shoulder to shoulder with both Brits and Yanks. And in my opinion, a British soldier is significantly better trained than an American. I will refrain from commenting on the Danish soldiers standard

And you know, of course, the standard of other nations' military training.
Captain America saves the world again and again - what a joke.

And we in Europe still ran around and beating each other with Clubs.

Have you ever trained with other NATO countries?
Let me tell one thing - I have trained and fought shoulder to shoulder with both Brits and Yanks. And in my opinion, a British soldier is significantly better trained than an American. I will refrain from commenting on the Danish soldiers standard

The US did make the delta in WW2. Without US lend lease both the USSR and Britain would have been in very dire straights. Also the US supplied the number of men that made the invasion of Europe possible in 44. I have -had relatives that fought for Britain and the US in WW2.

The US did make the delta in WW2. Without US lend lease both the USSR and Britain would have been in very dire straights. Also the US supplied the number of men that made the invasion of Europe possible in 44. I have -had relatives that fought for Britain and the US in WW2.
His claim was that the American soldier was " superior to all others" which is horseshit.

Yes, the U.S. made ​​a difference in WWII. But I don´t believe that lend lease was crucial to the Soviet Union. In 43 they had broken the backbone of the German army and would eventually reach Berlin without American aid. But it´s a topic that belong in another thread.

You Americans are always a little hostile when one mentions your role in the liberation of Europe. But you tend to downplay the Europeans and especially Russia's contribution. Broadly every country in Europe was part of the struggle and many participated in British uniform.

You often mention that you have family members who fought and died for the liberation of Europe. They have my deepest respect. But it´s as if it comes back at you that there are many in Europe who also have.

I had two great-grandfathers who participated. One in the resistance movement (he was 19 when he was captured by German security police and tortured) the other as a volunteer in the British Army 1940-45.

For the help we received from the United States during and especially after the war, we are thankful. But don't put yourself on a pedestal.

Said amicably
Cheers. ;)

His claim was that the American soldier was " superior to all others" which is horseshit.

Yes, the U.S. made ​​a difference in WWII. But I don´t believe that lend lease was crucial to the Soviet Union. In 43 they had broken the backbone of the German army and would eventually reach Berlin without American aid. But it´s a topic that belong in another thread.

You Americans are always a little hostile when one mentions your role in the liberation of Europe. But you tend to downplay the Europeans and especially Russia's contribution. Broadly every country in Europe was part of the struggle and many participated in British uniform.

You often mention that you have family members who fought and died for the liberation of Europe. They have my deepest respect. But it´s as if it comes back at you that there are many in Europe who also have.

I had two great-grandfathers who participated. One in the resistance movement (he was 19 when he was captured by German security police and tortured) the other as a volunteer in the British Army 1940-45.

For the help we received from the United States during and especially after the war, we are thankful. But don't put yourself on a pedestal.

Said amicably
Cheers. ;)

Well said.

I am the first to agree that WW2 could never have been won without the US, its massive industrial capacity, lend lease to Britain and of course the US military and other aid. But as far as the US soldier being superior to every one else is absolute nonsense.

Yes I am glad that the US was and still is on our side.

Patently false. 2/3 of Vietnam veterans were volunteers compared to only 1/3 of WWII. Also, between the civil war and WWI the US didn't have conscription either.

If you had ever served with other nations you might be humbled by how much better trained most other Western volunteer militaries are compared to an average US soldier.

All soldiers fight toothe and nail under the right circumstances. The US has mastered logistics and massing of firepower. We throw money at problems and get good gear that we don't necessarily need. I'd rather use the money from the equipment I use that hardly works, but have to use anyways, on things I wish we had more of like training, bullets, rucksacks, boots, and weapons cleaning kits....

US Army basic training is 10 weeks long....UK Army basic training is between 20-24 weeks long.

USMC bootcamp is 12 weeks long. Royal Marine Commando training (marines often compare themselves to these guys laughably) is 32 weeks long.

The US has had its nose bloodied on more than one occasion...we seem to have a problem with obliviousness and hubris....

TRUE professionals are keenly aware of their shortfalls and try to learn from the success of others...we could use a lot more that these days.

Last edited:
Back