Can Adapt Can Think

--
Boots

October 17th, 2014  
tetvet

Topic: Can Adapt Can Think

What makes the average American Soldier superior to all others is his ability to adapt to any situation and any conditions anywhere , Europe , Pacific Islands , Korea , Vietnam , the desert and the Mountains Where else can you find people like this ? , he also has the ability to think he is not a mindless robot that would march off a cliff if so ordered , on a mission the American Soldier can adjust to circumstances as needed to complete the mission .
October 17th, 2014  
The Highway Man

Yeah whatever! In my day, a good soldier was one who was a team player and didn't think he was superior to everyone else!
October 17th, 2014  
tetvet

If you ever had a day that would be an exception to the rule .
--
Boots
October 17th, 2014  
The Highway Man

I've served with some highly switched on professional soldiers, who weren't up their own arse! You're not the only ex serviceman on here. I think your original comment is narrow minded and designed to get backs up considering this is an "International" military forum. There are excellent soldiers in all countries not just America!
October 17th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
I've served with some highly switched on professional soldiers, who weren't up their own arse! You're not the only ex serviceman on here. I think your original comment is narrow minded and designed to get backs up considering this is an "International" military forum. There are excellent soldiers in all countries not just America!
The SAS and SBS (among other regiments) are second to none. The Aussies, Kiwis among others were among the best fighters during WW2 and in my opinion still are. I wonder how the gobby twat would do up agains't British trained Ghurka's.
October 17th, 2014  
tetvet

Missed the point , I was referring to the average American Soldier , the boy from the corn field in Nebraska that went to Europe to fight and to ensure that Royalty and the people of the UK could live on .
October 17th, 2014  
The Highway Man

How small minded, we were fighting in Europe for 3 years before America got off their arse and joined the fight. They only reason you joined in was because Pearl Harbour got bombed!
October 17th, 2014  
tetvet

Yeah you fought all right , Dunkirk , Singapore , Greece and Crete to name a few , Churchill said when the U.S. entered the War thank God now we're saved .
October 17th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
Missed the point , I was referring to the average American Soldier , the boy from the corn field in Nebraska that went to Europe to fight and to ensure that Royalty and the people of the UK could live on .
No point was missed. The boy from Nebraska wasn't fighting for the British Royalty or the people of UK, he was fighting to help rid occupied Europe of Nazism along with the rest of the Allies.

Its only because of the respect I have for other Americans in general, serving or ex serving US military people on this site I am biting my tongue.
October 17th, 2014  
The Highway Man

You must've know a different Churchill to me then, as Prime Minister Churchill would never have said that. I suppose you won WW2 all on your own and cracked the enigma code too? Biting your tongue - I've fecking bitten mine off!!!