Bullets

Which is better

• MP5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M16

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

doomshot

Does any one know what is the biggest bullet ever made and its dimensions and/or caliber :?: And also does anybody know how they make non-lethal bullets :?: :m16shoot: Thanks :tank:

Bullet Wise....

The 5.56mm and the 9mm cannot be compared, one is a rifle round the a pistol. The 9mm has about 1/3 less muzzle energy than a 5.56mm, there is no comparison and depends on the situation and mission. I like the MP5 for urban situations involved clearing buildings, while I prefer the M16 for standard infantry operations. The best compromise is the M4, but in a urban situation, the penetration of the 5.56 may be a problem in a building.

MP5 is not a rifle.

doomshot said:
sorry I meant rifle bullets

MP5 is a submachine gun in a pistol bullet caliber, can't compare. The largest that I know of is the new 20mm sniper rifle, but I think there was a 37mm Anti-tank rifle in the early 30's.

If we define a "Rifle" as something that kicks a bullet out faster than 500 meters per second, and constrain the exercise to something that is "man portable", then the largest "rifle bullet" is a 20mm.

In WWII the Finns fielded the 20mm Lahti and the Germans had the Solothurm S.18/1000. Both make the current M107 .50 BMG rifle look small and stretch the "man portable" criterion.

I think there is a 20mm rifle made in South Africa that is a lighter version of the old Solothurn S.18/1000. I don't know if it's been fielded by any army yet.

Lil Hulk is correct. Comparing M16 and MP5 is meaningless. About the only comparison you can make is the 5.56 is a mediocre rifle round (and NATO standard), and the 9mm is a mediocre pistol round (and NATO standard).

I really couln't make a vote on this one because of that quandry Lil Hulk spoke about. It really does depend on the type of operation. And I say if you want a compromise, fit the M4 with fragmenting rounds.

Still a sidearm caliber but, our sheriff's department has the MP5s but they are chambered in a .45 caliber. Much nicer than the 9mm but still not a rifle.

Back