I broke my finger...

TheSunsetSniper

The doc stuck a white hot needle into my nail. Fun! Broke a tow once, and it healed wrong. He wanted to rebreak it but i said "You break mine i'll break yours." So he left it. Now it hurts. If he wants to break this one, i'll let him. It's my trigger finger!!! During deer season!!! It better heal properly.

Sorry for you injury.

Wan't to see a little trick to take your mind off that pain?

(Ever see the moviE MAJOR PAYNE?)

He wanted to rebreak it but i said "You break mine i'll break yours."

:lol: .

Sucks about your finger though. I once got my pinky slammed in a Cadillac door. My piano teacher wasn't thrilled. By yea God speed for that finger of yours, get her all healed up nice and good.

Sometimes those little injuries are the nastiest.

I broke my toe once by stubbing. Broke the joint really.

There was a drill bit that broke froma drill press once and it cut into my palm - still have a spiral set of scars.

When I was 16, I was fooliish - shot a pellet in my finger. The gun would not shoot, so I put my finger over the barrel to see if it had air. Can you guess my thoughts the second I pulled the trigger before it fired?? :roll:

The one that made me pass out, was when my Drill slipped off a screw head and the phillips bit punched a hole in my finger nail - damn that one.

When I was 10, the kids next door and I walked throught their pasture creek. An old plank was mucked down under. This enormous spike nail punched my boot, foot and the boot again. I still remember the doctor ramming this cue tip like thing up and down through the wound.

And near 12, I slipped on a log and had a super-sliver about 3 inches long and 3/4" diameter punch my forarm skin and wedge in. It was a wedge alright. I went up to the house, got my knife and sliced my skin open a bit and yanked it out with vice grips.

Reminds me of pruning a hawthorn tree. A spine twig pushed through my knuckle skin sideways and broke off. Had to slice myself open and get that one out too. Used the small swiss army knife for that one.

Fractured my cheek bone, half my face swelled up and I was eating food through a straw ;)

I almost broke a finger in a fight before, that wasn't fun at all.

I am currently also sitting here with a possibly broken thumb. I slammed it in the car door and ended up opening the door to remove it. Haven't been to the doctor, but I'll be with 2 EMTs this weekend, so I guess I'll be alright. To poke a needle through my nail is going to require some serious LA-LA pills.

!It isn't that bad... It's actually pretty!

Hope your finger gets better!

The pinky toe on my right foot, has been broken so many times in the past 13 years, I have stoped counting. The first one hurt pretty good, but it was really just more of an annoying pain. Anyway I left it alone for probably about six weeks, till it quit hurting, then I got it to pop. It hurt like hell when it poped, but that fixed it, so now that's what I do every time it gets stepped on. Why is it that my horse's are the evil type that LOVE to step on your feet? Oh and why is it, that your feet and hands contain the most bones? I mean aren't those the two places that your always hurting. Anyway I would probably just tape the broke finger to another finger or a splint for a day or two, and then take a deep breath and make your knuckle pop, course that's just me, you probably should have a MD, or one of your EMT buddies look at it for you.

Oh, also you can never go wrong with ice, tylenol, and a good tape job. :~D

I already got it to pop. I was telling my mom the pressure is built up to where it feels like it needs to be popped.

The nurse at school said to soak it in epsom salts and water, anybody know what that will do? I've been told by two people in the medical profession that it will both stay on and fall off, so I'm just letting it run its course.

I got cleated in the face at football practice and cut my eye open last year. I was nose, and I broke through the line and the QB started rolling right. I dove and tackled him from the back and he got me in the eye. They had to glue my eyelid back together in the hospital. Luckily the eye itself was ok.

Well, CrazyCadet. Mine is starting to come off, but mine was pure black under the nail, yours just looks a bit red and blue. It will obviously need to be popped but as for the nail, i don't know what to tell ya. Just play it by ear. The soaking in epsom salt and hot water will increase the circulation greatly, helps it to heal. Not sure about anything past that, but i'm soaking it too..... works.

I just felt like quoting myself... Don't ask.

Crazy said:
Mine is starting to turn black. From the way it looks, unless the rest of the nail is going to go ahead and turn black, this is going to be painful. Apparently, a part of my nail wasn't hit.. the whole end. So that whole part that was blue is the only black part. This is kinda gross.... I wanna paint my nail, but i wanna make sure it all turns black.

Back