Boozy Britain's bloody New Year: A 999 call every seven seconds

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
This is crazy... you have to read this article...

Violence scarred celebrations and led to a bloody New Year across the country as emergency services endured a chaotic end to 2008.

What are you guys doing over there?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...999-seven-seconds-alcohol-induced-mayhem.html

article-1103843-02ED8C76000005DC-51_468x490.jpg

from the looks of it, fighting, drinking, fighting.

repeat until arrested/bored.

And you wonder why i want out?

This is crazy... you have to read this article...

Violence scarred celebrations and led to a bloody New Year across the country as emergency services endured a chaotic end to 2008.

What are you guys doing over there?

Going down with a sinking ship under a dodgy government.

That, and all the fights at football/soccer games.

I thought this was classic:

British Transport Police spokesman Superintendent Brian Pearce - whose colleagues helped control the huge crowds gathered for fireworks by the Thames, said: 'The nature of New Year's Eve in central London has changed. What used to be a relatively low-key, spontaneous night is now a world-class event that attracts thousands and thousands of people.

'Such large crowds create a challenging policing environment. In the main the crowds were good humoured.'

Oh? How come New York City never has these kinds of problems and they've arguably got the biggest New Year's Eve celebration in the world?

you have to understand one thing:

to take a troublemaker off the streets is hella work. you can't beat them down, you can't hurt them. then you have to take them to the station and file everything. it can take until the end of your shift, if not longer. And thus, it's easier to bollock them and leave them.

Our "justice" system isn't. our "police force" is no longer a force, as that sounds too aggressive.

we have been critically weakened. I intend, in the long run, to change this.

Good thing that I didn't went to England and party for New Year's Day.....

from the looks of it, fighting, drinking, fighting.

repeat until arrested/bored.

And you wonder why i want out?

Well i wouldn't say that, England is a great country- and just think about the youngsters in France or in other places in europe... same there.
I would love to be military attaché in Great Britain.

What percentage of the overall crowd are "troublemakers".

It's possibly no worse than a lot of other places.

ObjSRgtLw, One Day, One Day,... you might well get your wish. Then again, I've always heard that the German's know how to enjoy themselves. Beer 'n' Bratwurst, Whoo Hoo!!

Back