Geesh I am his MOTHER
Not his G/F.....Not like I am
going to put perfume on it ....LOL

Snail Mail will be fine Dang....Been awhile
since I have done Snail Mail with Internet
everyone does E-mail now....LOL

Let me see I need Envelope, Stamp and Paper
OHHHH, I can't forget I have to address the
envelope and put return address on it also.

Okay I think it is all coming back to me now

LadyHawk
January 16th, 2005  
Sooners1

I dont mean just girlfriend stuff. If there is anything on the outside of that envelope other than what is suppose to be, even if you put mom instead of your name. Anything. I know this may sound trivial but it is little things that people do and dont realize it.

Hey guys, think of this: I got a letter from my uncle, he put his return address on it, GySgt. ---- His return was Port Hueneme, Ca. My DI's went off. My uncle was the company Gunny stationed there at that time.
January 16th, 2005  
ladyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
I dont mean just girlfriend stuff. If there is anything on the outside of that envelope other than what is suppose to be, even if you put mom instead of your name. Anything. I know this may sound trivial but it is little things that people do and dont realize it.

Hey guys, think of this: I got a letter from my uncle, he put his return address on it, GySgt. ---- His return was Port Hueneme, Ca. My DI's went off. My uncle was the company Gunny stationed there at that time.
Okay Gotcha......

Keep it simple....Name & Address Only

Well from me anyways LOL

As for the other Girls in his life who may write him while in BC
I am sure something will be added to those Envelopes.....LOL

Anyone else want to tell their stories of Boot Camp or Basic training
Mail? This is kinda interesting LOL

LadyHawk
--
January 17th, 2005  
ARMYMOM

My son is in his 12th week of OSUT and when I asked him if he could receive packages yet he said to me "Do not send me anything but letters!"
to much attention is granted to those who get a package. He didn't elaborate & I didn't ask.

I will say this, a lady I work with has a son in the Marines & she told me a story that happened while her son was at BCT. Halfway thru BCT one guy received a package from Mom filled with enough cookies for everyone. Unfortunately he was the only one allowed to enjoy them! ALL of them All at once standing at the end of his bunk with a DI commenting all the way! He ended up pretty ill!
January 18th, 2005  
03USMC

One kid in my Platoon had a brother who was a Cpl. in the wing at El Toro. He wrote on USMC stationary and addressed it to his brother Pvt. ------ USMC. No No numero uno. No No numero dos, on the back he scrawled in big letters. " Have you hugged your DI today?" He bent and thrust forever. And there were vailed threats from our Heavy Hat (Also a winger) that if ever found his brother " Cpl. Turd" he would rip out his heart thru his throat. Okay not so vailed Of course the message on purpose his brother knew exactly what would happen.
January 18th, 2005  
ARMYMOM

You've got to love DI's! There made of sugar & spice & everything nice!
January 18th, 2005  
Charge 7

03USMC "Of course the message on purpose his brother knew exactly what would happen."

When my kid brother went to Basic I was a captain. I forgot about such things and addressed a letter to him with my rank on the return address (I was at Annual Training at the time and it was reflex). Oh boy the heat he got! Drill sergeant asked him if his "big brother was gonna come down and hurt me?". Well, when I heard that I made a point of attending his graduation. I received my salute from his drill sergeant and in a whisper asked him for a "favor". He was actually a nice enough guy and saw the humor of it as I dropped him for 20 as a gag. He got up real fast though and bellowed that "the rest of you will need to get a commission before you can do THAT!" but he did it with a smile on his face. I think he liked giving them that as much as anybody did.