Black Hawk Down Quotes

--

October 28th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

Topic: Black Hawk Down Quotes

Quotes from Black Hawk Down (2001)

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
-Sgt Eversmann

Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window.
-Sgt "Hoot"

It's what you do right now that makes a difference.
-Sgt Strucker

Where's the rescue squad?
-Mike Durant
Were It
-Sgt Randy Shughart

Remember, we're Rangers not some sorry-ass JROTC. We're Elite. Let's act like it out there. Hoo-ah?
-Sgt Eversmann

If we don't hold down this city we are gonna have 100 caskets to fill by morning.
-General Garrison

You shouldn't have come here. This is a civil war. This is our war, not yours.
-Osmann Otto
General Garrison: 300,000 dead and counting. That's not a war Mr. Atto. That's genocide.
-General Garrison

Well, I'm here to kick some ass.
-Pfc Todd Blackburn

LTC McKnight: You, get up there and drive!
Clay Othic: But I'm shot Colonel!
LTC McKnight: Everybody's shot! We need the prisoners, let's go!

I made *coffee* during Desert Storm.
-Grimes

Dominick Pilla: Colonel! Colonel! They're shooting at us!
LTC McKnight: Well shoot back!

Do you think if you get General Aidid, we will simply put down our weapons and adopt American democracy? That the killing will stop? We know this. Without victory, there will be no peace. There will always be killing, see? This is how things are in our world.
-Abdullah 'Firimbi' Hassan

Who's hungry?
-Hoot

More Here-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265086/quotes
November 2nd, 2003  
Redleg

I love that movie!

Thanks a lot.
January 5th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

i like the first two, i was gonna post those i think they are cool
--
January 10th, 2004  
Pogue

The real SGT Eversmann, now a Master Sergeant (E-8) is at my ROTC battalion. He's also my advisor. I'm tellin you, this guy is badass...one of the most kickass people I've met in my life..
January 13th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Awsome, did he didn't he win Ranger of the Year honers after the battle?
January 29th, 2004  
Hal_Moore

I cant remeber who said it but right after they got the go code,
Good luck and remeber no one gets left behind.
-Whats wrong?
Nothing its just that hes never done that before
Aw shit!
January 30th, 2004  
Acerbus

Some more that I gleamed from watching the movie again.

Quote:
"I was talking to Blackburn the other day...and he asked me, "What changed? Why are we going home?" And I said, "Nothing." But that's not true, you know. I think everything's changed. I know I've changed.

You know, a friend of mine asked me before I got here...it was when we were all shipping out. He asked me: "Why are you going to fight somebody else's war? What, do y'all think you're heroes?

I didn't know what to say at the time...but if he asked me again, I'd say no. I'd say there's no way in hell. Nobody asks to be a hero. It just sometimes turns out that way.

I'll talk to your ma and pa when I get home, okay?"
-SSGT Eversmann to CPL Smith's body at the end of the movie
Quote:
"Hoot": When I get home people 'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.
-To Eversmann
Quote:
"Hoot": See you're thinking. Don't. Cuz' Sergeant, you can't control who gets hit or who doesn't or who falls out of a chopper or why. It ain't up to you. It's just war.
-To Eversmann
Now, I don't know exactly who this is quoting, but from what I skimmed from on imdb.com it's SFC Randy Shugart's voice that says it at the end. I'm guessing it's from a death letter he wrote to his wife. Does anyone know for sure who it's from?

Quote:
"My love, you are strong and you will do well in life. I love you and my children deeply. Today and tomorrow, let each day grow and grow. Keep smiling and never give up, even when things get you down. So, in closing, my love...tonight, tuck my children in bed warmly. Tell them I love them. Then hug them for me...and give them both a kiss good night for Daddy."
EDIT: Forgot this one too:

Quote:
[A dying Ruiz speaking to Cpt. Steele]
Lorenzo Ruiz: Don't go back out there without me. I can still do my job.
January 30th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Yea it's Randy, the movie kinda touched on him and his wife breifly before the mission. At least Im fairly sure, Gordon's character had a bit of an Irish accent
January 31st, 2004  
Lt_Strony

black hawk down was one of the best movies ive seen and i liked it....i play airsoft and i sometimes watch war movies to get into the game thats gonna be the next game.....but i just cant think of what its like being down there walking on the streets and have the possibility to be shot by some woman or child that looks inocent...........OOORAAA troops! keep up the good deeds.....
April 30th, 2004  
rpgincoming

Topic: bhd quotes

hey sup guys, i believe the letter to his wife at the end was written by Griz Martin, it sounds like his voice, plus he talks about his daughter earlier (when hes drawing the picture) and heres a couple good quotes you might like:

"now hes saying its actually a couple blocks down but if hes seen outside it he'll be shot."

"I'll ****in' shoot him myslef a couple blocks down, tell him i want his skinny ass in front of the damn building, he's not getting payed til he does just that."- Garrison to Col. Harrell.

"You understand the chain of command son?"
"Roger that sir."
"Good, cause if i ever see you undermine it again you'll be cleaning the latrines with your tongue til you cant taste the difference between shit and french fries. Are we clear?"
"Hoo-Ahh sir."-Pilla and Steele.

"Gordy's gone man, I'll be outside, good luck.-Shugart to Durant.