Big Cats-Heavy APCs/AFIVs... - Page 2

--

January 19th, 2009  
PzBrig15

Did anyone know at which other country in Europe is momently a order in a timeline for Armoured Personelly Carrier ( APC ) ???

Czech : Pandur II
Portugal : Pandur II
UK : Mowag IV
Austria : Steyr-Pandur
Poland : Rosomak / Patria licenz
Germany : GTK-Boxer ( 2011-2014 )
January 19th, 2009  
NCO-for-life

Finland: Patria AMV
January 19th, 2009  
PzBrig15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCO-for-life
Finland: Patria AMV
How many at which timeline ?

Germany : GTK-Boxer 292 Stck in CommandPost Version and Troop- Carrier , delivered 2011-2014
--
January 19th, 2009  
NCO-for-life

62 pieces. Apparently we got those already, though I remember reading somewhere that we are getting more...
OH, we sold 84 to Croatia!!!
January 19th, 2009  
PzBrig15

Wow, 84 to Croatia. Nice.
The Licenz-Carrier ROSOMAK for Polish-Army looks taff by the ISAF.
January 20th, 2009  
NCO-for-life

Some believe that the AMV is the best of its class in the market. Shol be, being Finnish quality work...
January 20th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

LOL... Nice to see such pride in your country!
January 20th, 2009  
NCO-for-life

Well, I have a reason.. Besides being a "GREAT MILITARY LEADER" I'll have to make you believe that our country and especially our war industry is strong and produces high quality stuff...
January 20th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma

You do??? *wide eyes, blink, blink* LOL
January 21st, 2009  
NCO-for-life

No, but it would be funny to make people believe so. Well, actually i haven't seen our M85 backpack to brake down... Nor the composite helmet... Pretty much everything else I have seen or heard to fall to pieces even 81mm and 120mm mortars... AND 155mm CANNON!

EDIT: the 155K98 had bad battery, froze all the time, it is fixed. 120mm mortar was duple loaded and then fired, it blew up killing one and injuring five(happened 2005)... And the 81mm was ran over by un-armoured personal carrier(I was the leader of the mortar squad)...

OH, Never seen RK not to work! Once I had to hit mine against a tree cause it was so frozen I couldn't load it... Worked fine after that.