The Best of the Best at What They Did-Great Military leaders - Page 2

--

August 15th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Oh ok, I was even wondering if the Arabs had that many planes. That clears things up now, doesnt it.
August 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Yep. Just for the record(and somewhat offtopic), the Israeli Ace with most kills is Colonel Gyora Even(Epstien) with 17 kills. He is also, as far as I know, the world leader in Jet Vs. Jet kills.
August 16th, 2004  
craig

Cmon people Mccarther are you lot serious
next you will say Custer for infantry

Infantry funnily enough Albert Kesselring (Luftwaffe)
Cavalry Dont know any really
Naval Nelson, Kptlt. Lothar von Arnauld de la Periere 1886 - 1941 The most successful U-boat skipper of all time. During his carreer he sank 194 ships of 450,000 tons.
Tank Heinz Guderian
Pilot Hartman hands down as a pilot. the red Baron was very good but alot of his kills where against unarmed British aircraft. Rudel for achievement but he was lucky.
--
August 18th, 2004  
David Hurlbert

Doppleganger, the best armor commander is General MacArthur? Please do tell me all about his major armor battles because I long to hear these stories!
August 18th, 2004  
David Hurlbert

Well, I have found this forum very entertaining, as many of these entries appear to be directly from a National Lampoon Edition on Military Leaders of History.
August 18th, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hurlbert
Doppleganger, the best armor commander is General MacArthur? Please do tell me all about his major armor battles because I long to hear these stories!
Hang on a minute David! I think you've got me confused with IrishWizard.

"Armor: Heinz Guderian, father of the Panzerwaffen and Blitzkrieg - needs no further introduction. "

I picked Guderian.
August 18th, 2004  
David Hurlbert

You're correct and I stand to be corrected - my remarks should have been directed to IrishWizard.
August 19th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Irish Wizard appears to be non-responsive, so I'd let it go.
August 20th, 2004  
David Hurlbert

I totally agree!
August 20th, 2004  
Mark Conley

hmm not totally slanderful..but close.

Would the person that decided national lampoon was not a very good reference book to judge military commanders by please stand up?

smack smack

now sit down...