Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M16/M4 (US)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • XM8 (US)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bacara

I have 15, which is as much as you can have, so vote! I would go with the AEK-971 good old AK action with the balanced recoil!

Wow, I'm surprised that I've used this photo twice on this forum in a twenty four hour span...

AwJeez.jpg

And I can't believe the guy clumped the K1 and K2 together. The K1 and the K2 are very different weapons the only thing they have in common being the caliber.

From hands-on experience, I'd have to say that the best is the Robinson Armament XCR... just love how it shoots, and it's like 12 rifles in one considering all the barrel length and caliber options. The only reason it was disqualified from the SCAR competition was the lack of a blank firing adapter. I think they were only seriously considering FN in the first place anyways though, as they already provide almost all the small arms for our army.

Other than that I don't really like assault rifles, just battle rifles. I really like the Patriot Ordnance .308 piston driven AR, but it's crazy expensive and I only got to shoot 3 rounds out of one. AR-10 and FAL are my more commonly available favorites.

Liability, how can you identify the difference between an Assault Rifle and a Battle Rifle? To me that seems to be the same thing. Unless you are talking about the difference between a Lee Enfield SMLE and an M4 then you've lost me.

Battle rifles fire real rifle rounds like the 7.62x51mm NATO or .30-06, assault rifles fire intermediate rounds like the 5.56x45mm NATO and 7.62x39mm. At least that's my understanding.

Battle rifles fire real rifle rounds like the 7.62x51mm NATO or .30-06, assault rifles fire intermediate rounds like the 5.56x45mm NATO and 7.62x39mm. At least that's my understanding.

I consider that the term "assault rifle" is something that was created by political simpletons.

The M16 is as much a battle rifle as the M1 Garand. Just as the M1 Garand is as much of a battle rifle as the Brown Bess Musket is. The technology advances and the tactics change. But the role of the tools stay the same. The Infantry Soldier's Battle Rifle is the same tool as it was 232 years ago.

The G36 is the weapon that is to replace the G3.

Well, they have not been replaced yet....least not in my army. And we are not really sure we want the G-36 yet... and for myself, I'd bring the G3 to any fight. Knowing it will do the job. Not sure about these new small calibre, plastic- fantastic toy guns... At least the g3 will go bang every time, and the rounds will generally fly where you aimed them, and when they reach the target, they will fall...

I haven't fired any of these so I can't say. Crap, I'm a putz.
Have pics to post of all of those listed in the poll?

M16/M4? Is that two different rifles or one of the new ones? Obviously, I've used M16 A2's which I liked but was never impressed with the plastic hand guards. I also used to belly ache about it being too long for strategic purposes in house to house type of combat.

Last edited:
This will all revolve around on what rifles you have used in combat, for what you know you normally like.

Have any of you seen the HK-416 derivative (dubbed Mehmetcik-1) developed by Turkey for general NATO use? It's one of the most mod-able, easiest to use, jam-free assault rifles out there and looks realllly reallly sexy. :cool:

attachment.php

And its 'sniper's dream' big brother:

attachment.php

I will have to go with AR-15 style rifles, but if I had it my way it would be the FN L1A1/C1A1/SLR or maybe even the M-14. God I love the 7.62mm. BRING IT BACK!!!

I haven't fired any of these so I can't say. Crap, I'm a putz.
Have pics to post of all of those listed in the poll?

M16/M4? Is that two different rifles or one of the new ones? Obviously, I've used M16 A2's which I liked but was never impressed with the plastic hand guards. I also used to belly ache about it being too long for strategic purposes in house to house type of combat.

How is it that you don't know what an M-4 is?

Back