Bagpipe tune

Claymore

What is your favorite Bagpipe tune?

My personal favorites are Pio Braireachd, My Home in the Hills, and Amazing Grace.

I also like the modern tune Highland Cathedral.

Also, what is your favorite sounding pipes (e.g. Great Highland or Uilleann pipes)?

I prefer the Great Highland pipes.

The great highland pipes, of course.

I love "When the Pipers Play," "Flowers of the Forest," "Scotland the Brave,"and "Amazing Grace."

Actually, I can spend the entire day listening to any of "The Tunes of Glory," being played on the pipes.

I am not a big fan of Sgt MacKenzie at the moment... It's giving me fits whenever I practice it.

That kinda depends on which of the drones or the chanter has a bad reed...

The short answer is that you can just tell - the sound is just off.

But it's a difficult instrument - frustrating me at the moment...

localgrizzly said:
Aye, lad, that it is! but "The Flowers O the Forest" played by a lone piper will bring tears to your eyes!:crybaby:

I'm with Grizzly when wanting something mournful, but to get the blood and the speedo going on the freeway I play "Mull of Kintyre."

:rockin:

The rumor that I keep hearing is that Highland Cathedral may replace The Flower of Scotland as Scotland's National Anthem.
It's one of my favorites too - and it's not that hard to play!

Padre said:
I'm with Grizzly when wanting something mournful, but to get the blood and the speedo going on the freeway I play "Mull of Kintyre."

:rockin:

I, too, love Mull of Kintyre. If ya want tae git the blud a boilin, it's hard to beat Scotland The Brave and Heilan Laddie!

sven hassell said:
Sorry cant stand the sound of pipes.
My stepdad always played them and thats put me off for life.

This would have been relevant if the thread had been titled "Do you like". Seeing as it was about favorite Bagpipe tunes, it's just :eek:fftopic:

i had mharies wedding played at my wedding with a full caelidgh(spelt wrong) afterwards. But being the highland lass that i am, i always get homesick whenever i here the pipes, and its a bugger especially when im at chanter classes on a sunday at the British legion.

When i hear pipes, it reminds me of the BlackWatch, toughest Soldiers in the world. I would not want to face them on a battlefield.

Back