Back in uniform...

Way to use yer brain Luis. Glad the leg is holding up. The cardio will come back quick, you're young and aren't hauling around 20kgs of good living. I like these daily updates.

Well from 06:45 EST to o7:45 EST we had a two mile run, 300 Side Straddle Hops, 300 sit ups, 150 push ups, 200 cherry pickers, and a obstacle course. 15 minutes for showers and uniform care. at 08:00 EST we had inspection and than class on US Constitutional Law and Florida Constitutional Law until 12:00 EST. We had lunch for 30 minutes. After lunch, back to class untill 14:50 EST. Changed into PT gear and once again did everything list above until 16:00 EST. From 16:00 EST to 17:30 EST we had a class on Defensive Tactics & Ground Fighting. After all that. We were sent home.

After all that, I had to go to a wedding.

I don't know what was worse, the Academy or the wedding. I think the wedding was worse, that crap put me to sleep.

do you get paid during "basic training", i don't know what you call it, or do you still have to have a job and everything, becuase i dont see how you could with that kind of schedule.

Well, that depends on the department that hired you. Some do some don't. My department does not pay me while I am attending the academy. They pay my tuition, supplies, firearm, ammunition, unifroms, books, and everything else.

Some people put themselves through the academy as independents. And than apply to departments to get hired. If you with a department, your called sponsored.

When I was in Army Basic Training I was getting payed.

Well, I got tazered today. And man, what a rush.

I know understand why it is such a wonderful non-lethal system. It took me down in less than half a second and it keeps hitting you with a charge for five seconds. Right afterward you get right up as if nothing ever happened.

whats that feel like, i've always wondered, and sometimes contimplated putting an appliance in the bathtub to find out(just kidding:drink: )

Well, in my BLE Class there were three volunteers for the tazer. I was one of them.

I felt a slight pain on the contact points, but other than that it was complete numbness. I wanted to move my arms or legs, but I couldn't. My brain sent the signal but the body didn't get it. After the being tazered, I smelled like burnt chicken for a little while. I'm not kidding, there was the smell of burnt meat.

How in the heck can those people on TV keep going after getting a jolt? The demonstrations always knock the volunteer off his feet but it seems like the real situations in the field sometimes go bad. Maybe if they were nice and sweaty, the current would have a better connection. Maybe if he doesn't go down the first time, a bucket of seawater first might help.:)

That's could help. But mostly it's adrenaline and the fact that the scumbag has a simple thought in his small reptilian brain. He wants to escape and not go to jail. Just like my will to live when I was injured.

On another subject of class. I'm going for Platoon Leader tomorrow. I hope I get it. It'll look good for my department and my career.

Well, I had to explain to the TAs why I believe I was up for the job and than I had to prove it. Looking sharp in uniform, passing my test with perfect scores, doing good on my PT and such.

It's really a nothing but it looks good for my department and it looks good for my future law enforcement career.

Back