Back to The `50 s

Wow I loved that! Amazing how people borm in the 50's still cherish those old times. From all the telling they do about those years, sounds like life was really cool back then.

Thanks for that Missileer. I remember those days although a lot of that stuff was done by those "older" kids. I certainly remember the music, cars, and haircuts, all good :)

Italian Guy said:
Wow I loved that! Amazing how people borm in the 50's still cherish those old times. From all the telling they do about those years, sounds like life was really cool back then.

They were great times to be alive. Since television was so bad, we played outdoor games more and got to know a lot of friends. We really do believe that day in 1959 was the end of rock-n-roll. Also we know facts now like Broderick Crawford of the TV show "Highway Patrol" and "Cannon" was the radio voice of Matt Dillon on "Gunsmoke" on radio.

If you were born in the 1950's then you would not remember a lot about them, but I must admit I lived through this period and it was great, it was all kids that grew up during the war letting of steam, lets face it this was the age that rock & roll was born and it is still going strong.

I was born at the end of the '40s so I remember most of the '50s quite well. It was a great time to be a kid. Davy Crockett coon skin caps, Mousketeer, ears and all. It was a simpler time when the war in Korea was a distant thing to many, the economy was in growth and the future seemed very bright indeed. There were more than a few inklings though of what was to come. Anybody who was paying attention could see that the seeds of the '60s were sown in the '50s. It should not be forgotten, however, that those seeds were the result of all that had gone before.

Back