That awkard moment...

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
This here is a thread to post those awkward, strange, but true to life moment's you care not to mutter when they happen, you bite your tongue yet understand those real sentiments which lie on your mind...

I will go ahead and admit one such instance: that awkward moment when you watch Steve Mqueen's classic the "Great Escape" and realize your job fits the description of the film's plot device.

Yo... Yo...

You brought back a memory which I had forgotten, in fact many.

That awkward moment when.....

You look at a policeman's face, and it's as if ......

I had just chewed him out for pulling me over. As if that wasn't enough, soon began pleading to not write a ticket as I "would never do anything again which would cause a fine". :shock: The look on his face made me feel very awkward, so awkward that I began laughing.. the more I laughed... I couldn't help it. It may have been one of those moments when you just lose it at the wrong place BUT not so much the wrong time...:wink:

I didn't get a ticket.:smil:

Last edited:
You're putting eye drops in and after the first drop, suddenly realize you've grabbed the ear drops instead.:bang:

In the local 7/11 for a quick in and out for bread, when you're six yr old nephew screams " there's OJ" and points to the man ahead of you just because he's seen the OJ Simpson case daily on tv for months.:shock:

You realize that you feel more comfortable on an anonymous forum than face book, where people actually knew you once upon a time and life seemed a bit normal.

Unbelievable that you start a thread about awkward moments, yet have only one to share......:shoothea:

Or have you only had this one awkward moment?

Maybe you'll share another one later when your memory returns. Until then....:bored:

OK., awkward moment:
When ya tell parents you are expecting!
Oh boy.....surprise!!!!!!!
That's all I'm sayin' about that one!

The principal hangs up his phone after verifying with the teachers that your son was in neither of his last two periods. You look over at him and he say's.. " I was there but my head was down.".. still with a straight face.:|

That awkward moment when driving an unmarked military vehicle full of heavily armed soldiers in Northern Ireland, your map reader inadvertently directs you across an unmarked border crossing into Southern Ireland, where we were subsequently stopped by a Garda patrol. The policeman asked for ID, I showed him my warrant card, he asked if I knew where I was and replied, "judging by your uniform, the wrong country!" :D

awkward moment when....

You realize that you just sent a "private" message to the wrong person...:oops:

Back