Auto-boot

Spartacus

Im having a problem with the 'auto boot' feature. I usually only get to browse the forum while a work or at school, in conjunction with other things. THis makes for long delays, and I keep getting booted from the system. WHat is the time limit for the 'auto boot' and is it possible to get that changed? Thanks for the time

Last edited:
Didn't know there was an "Auto boot" function.

MAD AS HELL!

Could this be what has been causing some of my problems - I keep getting not signed in screens when working a complicated post and I hit the "submit posting" button after an extended interval???????

Damn - is it that simple - can't be - I have other problems with the new system and Auto Boot can't cause all of the mini-casualties I've been observing.

Just a few of the minor irritations/problems:
1. Every visit - at least one or two times, not signed in failure screens.

2. Unable to update the "unread" icons on main index without having to go to the bottom of screen and pressing "Mark all topics as read". Going to the sub-thread and reading new posting does not clear the "bomb burst" icon with unexploded "grenade" icon.

3. Every time I go to the "User CP" area and try to make changes to my personal information, I get slammed with the "not signed in" screen. When I enter my personal Roboform Id/Password info I start over again and am placed right back where I started from. If I use the MilForm 2 Id/password from Roboform, it may or may not do what it is supposed to do (inconsistent). 2nd id/password has all of the 'cookie' info - 1st id/password doesn't.

I didn't have ANY of these problems with the old system - maybe a conflict problem caused by new system???????

Redleg is aware of problems and is checking - anyone with an idea of how to cure these problems or anyone that has had these same problems, please email myself or Redleg with your input.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Uhhhhh

Ummm...I dont think there is an official title...I just assigned it that name because that is what it does to me; automatically boots me.

There is a way to get around it if you posted and it says 'you must be logged in to do that'; simply log in and allow it to redirect you. Its just annoying and I was hoping it could be avoided.

As far as the other problems you have been having...I have noticed a few things like that, but havent had as much time to determine the scale. I can sense your frustration and could see why>>>>>>>>:bang:

Have all of you clicked the "remember me" box when you log in??
And what browser are you using? (IE, Opera or Firefox?)

The time-out limit for cookies were only 15 minutes, so I've changed it a bit now as well.
Hope this helps...

Back