Australia to become Maritime Power - Rudd - Page 4




 
--
 
January 3rd, 2010  
wolfen
 
I dunno about the F-18 I'm only going by what the pilots tell me, they transitioned from Tomcats to Hornets, and from Intruders to Hornets out at Oceana, and so far they all love the capabilities.
As for the cars the Ford 302 can't compare to the Chevy 350, Ford had the 351 Windsor, BUT Pontiac came out with the 400. I think the biggest ever was either the, but I'll still put a Trans am against a Mustang as long as I have a 350 455 or the 573 International
January 3rd, 2010  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
I dunno about the F-18 I'm only going by what the pilots tell me, they transitioned from Tomcats to Hornets, and from Intruders to Hornets out at Oceana, and so far they all love the capabilities.
As for the cars the Ford 302 can't compare to the Chevy 350, Ford had the 351 Windsor, BUT Pontiac came out with the 400. I think the biggest ever was either the, but I'll still put a Trans am against a Mustang as long as I have a 350 455 or the 573 International
Glad they like them, but both sounded like a good thing & the updated A-6(F or G?) could have been usefull recently.
BOSS 302 isn't an ordinary 302 & compares nicly to the 302 Z28 engine. I'd pick a 351 Cleveland 4 bl against a 350, & a BOSS 429, 429 Cobra Jet or Super Cobra Jet vs the Pontiac.
January 3rd, 2010  
splat
 
Scrap the 100 odd F35's the RAAF are getting,instead increase FA18F buy from 24 to 60 to 70 and buy 30 to 40 F35's and use those F35;s as silver bullets eradiating targets for SuperHornets to fire on...or mabey thats FA18F to eradiate for F35.

Subs are good and no morefrigates or destroyers are needed but a few corvettes will do the job of extended patrol compared to patrol boats....and the ability to construct tactical and strategic nuclear weapons on short notice,so the designs need to be in place(both warhead and delivery platform be that bomb,cruise missile or ballistic missile).

You australians against an aussie nuke need to wake up to yourselves because at the end of the day no 1 but ourselves will be here to defend ourselves and we cant do it conventionally against the 2 soon to be expansionist powers in china and india...allies word isnt enough.

END OF STORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Money to fund a Blue Water Navy.

Autralia dont need a blue water navy we only need the capabilty to deny an opposing blue water navy and the way we do that conventionaly is through submarines and anything more is beyond our economic means so our fall back guarentee position should be to have tactical and strategic n8ukes to make up for our size.

END OF STORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocco
Finally, it's about time that the government looked at upgrading our seaborne defences, but whatever they buy hardware-wise, several things need to be considered...

We must be able to sustain a fleet on both sides of the country, we must be able to field sufficient personnel to adequately man all fleet units and we must make purchases based upon realistic needs........

The R.A.N has a long tradition of being able to do more with less, it's high time that our navy gets provided for...

To realistically sustain and man a fleet on both the east and west coast is quiet frankly unrealistic because its not the indonesians who we have to worry about,its the chinese and indians in the not to distant future...and there is no way we can conventionaly build our forces up anywhere near enough to spar with either...nukes are whats needed...END OF STORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjSRgtLw
try to buy german submarines they are the best- **** the rest

German subs are coastal boats not blue water boats...aus needs blue water boats to meet the enemy far from australian shores.

And german boats are the best?...aussie boats have some of the systems found on the USN Virginia SSNS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
And most importantly waterproof.


Why do kiwi men take sheep to the edge of the cliff?....because they push back harder....bahhhhhhhhhhh
--
January 4th, 2010  
wolfen
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splat
Autralia dont need a blue water navy we only need the capabilty to deny an opposing blue water navy and the way we do that conventionaly is through submarines and anything more is beyond our economic means so our fall back guarentee position should be to have tactical and strategic n8ukes to make up for our size.

END OF STORY
Gee I guess you don't mind fighting the enemy up around Darwin after they sink the coastal defense boats do you? Let me tell you something, A blue water navy is what won WW2 in th pacific and Atlantic, If England hadn't gone to a Blue Water Navy they would have NEVER got into the Med and next thing you knew the Italian Navy, and Kriegsmarine would have been berthed in Portsmouth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by splat
German subs are coastal boats not blue water boats...aus needs blue water boats to meet the enemy far from australian shores.

And german boats are the best?...aussie boats have some of the systems found on the USN Virginia SSNS.
I can't argue the fact that your modern subs have some Va class electronic systems, but I can argue your comment that German boats are coastal, German subs have ALWAYS been Blue water Boats. And if you have Blue water subs your gonna need Blue water support ships, and to defned those your gonna need Blue water surface warfare ships. You can't argue otherwise with me, cause your wrong. the Navy vets on this board should know we have more time in the Navy than you have on the earth. Now instead of complaining about what Australia needs and how the rest of the world won't be there to help, why don't YOU do something to help Defend Australia?
January 5th, 2010  
splat
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
Gee I guess you don't mind fighting the enemy up around Darwin after they sink the coastal defense boats do you? Let me tell you something, A blue water navy is what won WW2 in th pacific and Atlantic, If England hadn't gone to a Blue Water Navy they would have NEVER got into the Med and next thing you knew the Italian Navy, and Kriegsmarine would have been berthed in Portsmouth.



I can't argue the fact that your modern subs have some Va class electronic systems, but I can argue your comment that German boats are coastal, German subs have ALWAYS been Blue water Boats. And if you have Blue water subs your gonna need Blue water support ships, and to defned those your gonna need Blue water surface warfare ships. You can't argue otherwise with me, cause your wrong. the Navy vets on this board should know we have more time in the Navy than you have on the earth. Now instead of complaining about what Australia needs and how the rest of the world won't be there to help, why don't YOU do something to help Defend Australia?

Dont care fot the world to help aus.
Aus cannot defend herself conventionally against major players.
Aus cannot afford to defend herself conventionally against major players.
Aus needs nukes to defend herself.
Wha the world may think off that i trully care.


Surface ships to refuel and supply subs is preferable but against a major player RAN surface ships arent survivable,so subs on their own will ahve to suffice.
January 5th, 2010  
wolfen
 
You don't care for the world to help defend Australia? Gee I wonder if I can go ther and take a poll and see if the rest of the country aggrees with you.
Nuclear weapons should ALL be dismantled and DESTROYED, using nukes is like seeing if you can make a radioactive wasteland out of the planes one little hotspot at a time.
January 6th, 2010  
splat
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
You don't care for the world to help defend Australia? Gee I wonder if I can go ther and take a poll and see if the rest of the country aggrees with you.
Nuclear weapons should ALL be dismantled and DESTROYED, using nukes is like seeing if you can make a radioactive wasteland out of the planes one little hotspot at a time.

Taking a poll wouldnt matter as the aus public by and large are to dumb arse to give a shitt.

Nukes dismantled and destroyed huh?
If you did that how many conventional world wars would we be up to?
January 8th, 2010  
wolfen
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splat
Taking a poll wouldnt matter as the aus public by and large are to dumb arse to give a shitt.

Nukes dismantled and destroyed huh?
If you did that how many conventional world wars would we be up to?

Naaa your country is obviously smarter than you are
Yes dismantled and totally destroyed, nuke power is the only thing spliting atoms should be used for.

How many conventional wars? Dunno, don't care as long as there's a planet to have them on.
January 8th, 2010  
SigJohnson
 
 
Splat, you are waaayyy off the mark.
January 9th, 2010  
Warwick
 
Spalt we don't need nukes. Never have and too much of a headache for our small military to look after.
Only issue with a bigger Navy ( to run the extra subs and ships) is we currently don't have enough bods for our current fleet.
Ramp up a few more subs and ships and get our aircraft purchase on track!
 


Similar Topics
In Baghdad, Power Supply May Get Worse
A Different Kind Of Power Struggle In Iraq
IHD Aviation Varients - Tiltrotor Aircraft
Air Force Embraces Solar Power
New Zealands nuclaer free stand Vs Nuke Power