Atheists in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones - Page 9




 
--
Atheists in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones
 
March 2nd, 2012  
BritinBritain
 
 
Atheists in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
The Law of BritinAfrica holds that: If some of a group are bad then ALL of the group are bad, at least with respect to Catholics.

Lets apply his/her law to England and in fact he may have verifiable law after all.
LOL You are either going bonkers, or you you are even more stupid then I thought you were. Maybe both

Your arguments have been shot down at every turn, not only by myself, but by others and yet you continue to insult, or at least attempt to.

I put it to you that not only are religions corrupt and hypocritical, but so are you. You are the one who needs help Padre, not I.

You really are a silly little man, your self esteem must be at an all time low. I think you need to go to confession and confess your many sins.

Are your parents siblings by any chance? I'd like to leave you with one last thought, but I'm not sure you have anywhere to put it!
March 2nd, 2012  
Padre
 
 

Topic: Dumb Poms


Oh dear, yet more proof that the BritinAfrica Law may be anthrosociologically scientific fact!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XLX3RoJr8"]dumb poms - YouTube[/ame]

... and I haven't even got to 'On The Buses' yet.
March 2nd, 2012  
Trooper1854
 
 
Padre, you know you've lost your argument when you take to insulting the people who do not agree with you.
It's very sad.
--
Atheists in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones
March 2nd, 2012  
42RM
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
Oh dear, yet more proof that the BritinAfrica Law may be anthrosociologically scientific fact!

dumb poms - YouTube

... and I haven't even got to 'On The Buses' yet.

March 2nd, 2012  
BritinBritain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
Padre, you know you've lost your argument when you take to insulting the people who do not agree with you.
It's very sad.
All he is doing, is making himself look silly.
March 2nd, 2012  
Padre
 
 
No, I am actually helping you all to see that if you apply your teaching and logic on Catholics/Catholic Church to other groups - say the English, you might see how ignorant and unfair and bigoted your teaching and logic is:

I'm using a teaching method, with a bit of humour.

You have stated above that "others" are on your side in opposition to me (on this forum) in my defence of Catholics against your anti-Catholic comments above and therefore I am somehow defeated or proven wrong.

If a British skin-head Neo-Nazi (lets give him the initials "BA") has a verbal go at a Pakistani in the street because the Pakistani is simply a Pakistani, and other British skin-head neo-Nazi's see the commotion and run up to the pair and take the side of their fellow neo-Nazi, that doesn't in itself make "BA"s racism any more moral, or righteous, or logical, or justified, or correct. It just means a blinded prejudiced pack or gang has formed against the Pakistani.

In Australia, perhaps elsewhere too, if the person(s) you are debating áre too biased and entrenched in their prejudice to see even just a little truth in the alternative point of view, as you are, then the only recourse is to take the piss out of them. And I'm afraid that is just so easy with red-neck Alf Garnet Poms who opted for the army rather than jail when they left lower secondary education.
March 2nd, 2012  
Trooper1854
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
In Australia, perhaps elsewhere too, if the person(s) you are debating áre too biased and entrenched in their prejudice to see even just a little truth in the alternative point of view, as you are, then the only recourse is to take the piss out of them. And I'm afraid that is just so easy with red-neck Alf Garnet Poms who opted for the army rather than jail when they left lower secondary education.
Still resorting to insults I see.
Very sad
March 2nd, 2012  
42RM
 
So much for turning the other cheek!
March 2nd, 2012  
Padre
 
 
You must all like my posts to have stuck with this Thread?

My friends just to re-cap.

I am an ex-agnostic who became, and still is, a Theist – Christian – Catholic (I wasn’t raised a Catholic).

On how the universe came into being, I believe it was created by God.
However I have been open-minded about “how” God created the universe and Life (human and otherwise).

I haven’t made up my mind whether the theory of evolution and the “Big Bang” explains how Life began or whether the Jewish/Christian/Islamic religious texts (Torah/OT-Gospels/Koran) are to be taken as historically and literally true.

I have been a fan of Richard Dawkins and respect him and I follow his lectures with interest even though he can be a bit insulting towards his Theist/Religious opponents.

I was sent a clip of him in an interview, and I was amused how the normally brilliant and eloquent Dawkins , on this one occasion, got out-smarted by a Church of England minister. I was so bemused by it I posted it on one of my favourite blogs/forums – International Military Forums.

This clip started a discussion / debate in the Thread.

All was going nicely and interestingly UNTIL BritinAfrica came into the Thread with a rant (his word not mine) against ALL Catholics and the entire Catholic Church – all 1.2 billion of us alive today and the billions of Catholics since deceased over 2,000 years. His rant contained a story and I suppose the origin of his anger and hatred towards Catholics. It was based on:

1. “vicious bastard nuns” who abused a classmate of his with a duster
2. his acceptance of the anti-Catholic propaganda about ALL Catholics supporting Hitler/Nazi’s.
3. the situation and history in Northern Ireland.

Don’t be shocked if I a Catholic defend Catholics in the face of attacks on ALL Catholics, and with historical evidence, but remember I, in a objective way, expressed sorrow for what bad Catholics have done, both to BritinAfrica and his classmates. If I was in that class I would have thrown the duster back at the vicious nun. If I was the nuns’ boss I would have sacked them – and reported them to police if physical injury was/assault was caused. I’ve acknowledged bad Catholics have done bad things in this Thread.

But BritinAfrica has insisted that from those terrible days with the nuns to today, ALL Catholics are corrupt, hypocritical, evil, etc….. WWII and Northern Ireland, he says, proves his logic or argument ALL Catholics are bad.

All I have done, initially seriously, and then later with humour, is to show that if you applied BritinAfrica’s logic or reasoning to other groups (eg. the British People) then in his argument – that is: "because some in a goup are bad, the whole group is bad," so if some British are dumb/stupid, then ALL British are dumb/stupid (which I don't believe they are - I like Poms).

Through humour, I am doing to the British (on this Thread) what BritinAfrica has done to Catholics, in order to show him and his gang on this Thread, how unfair and ridiculous (not to mention bigoted) is his way of thinking on this issue.

Now if all of this doesn’t sway you who are following this Thread, then my only recourse is to continue taking the piss out of you, at least for the next few weeks before I deploy (again) to the Sand-Pit.

Once more: I am reacting / responding to BritinAfrica’s argument that ALL Catholics are bad because the one’s he personally has encountered or read about in history are bad. If you believe that, you are legally able to, but morally you are a bigot, just as I would be if I hated or resented ALL atheists (I don’t, I am the friend of many), or all Muslims and Jews (I don’t, I am the friend of many) or ALL Protestants (I don’t, I am the son of one).
March 3rd, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
Once more: I am reacting / responding to BritinAfrica’s argument that ALL Catholics are bad because the one’s he personally has encountered or read about in history are bad. If you believe that, you are legally able to, but morally you are a bigot, just as I would be if I hated or resented ALL atheists (I don’t, I am the friend of many), or all Muslims and Jews (I don’t, I am the friend of many) or ALL Protestants (I don’t, I am the son of one).
You never learn do you,... atheists don't care, should you or anyone else "hate them" for their lack of belief in your imaginary friend.

You have not taken the piss out of anyone,... except maybe yourself, but you have very ably displayed most of those attributes that convince atheists and others that 99% of those claiming to be "christians" are little more than shallow minded individuals who can't stand on their own two feet and are unwilling to take responsibility for their own thoughts and actions.