Atheists in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones - Page 3

--
Atheists in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones

February 20th, 2012  
lolwhassup

All I can say is,

Both Monty and Seno, you guys can have your own opinion on the subject of religion if you want, but why the hell do you insist on attacking other people because of their views? Religion is a highly touchy subject and I hate getting into it, but I find your posts highly insulting.

I myself am a Protestant, but you don't see me going around denouncing other people for not being Christian or trying to "spread the word of God". I don't go to church and I have my vices just like anyone else, but I believe what I believe, and I would appreciate it if people would keep their insulting comments to themselves just like I do with mine.
February 20th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwhassup
All I can say is,

Both Monty and Seno, you guys can have your own opinion on the subject of religion if you want, but why the hell do you insist on attacking other people because of their views? Religion is a highly touchy subject and I hate getting into it, but I find your posts highly insulting.

I myself am a Protestant, but you don't see me going around denouncing other people for not being Christian or trying to "spread the word of God". I don't go to church and I have my vices just like anyone else, but I believe what I believe, and I would appreciate it if people would keep their insulting comments to themselves just like I do with mine.
Listen,... you bloody clown. The thread was raised by Padre for debate and discussion,... we are debating it, unless of course you know of a way to have a one sided debate?? Either Wake the F*ck up, or go back to sleep. You are as "thick" as those who come into the thread just so they can say they are not interested in the subject,... Go figure,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
What gives you the right to be so rude and ignorant?
I am interested and I have a right to comment as much as anyone else and if you don't like it then tough luck!
Time you wound it in mate because I am sure that face to face you wouldn't speak to people the way you do here!
I can't abide by people who are either lying, sh!t stirring or just trying to cause trouble. OK, so you indicate that you have no input in the debate,... if you have no interest, nobody cares, just go away and let the people who have got an interest get on with it.

The subject was raised for discussion by Padre and as much as we disagree on some things, you will notice that he agreed with my comment aimed at you and Chief Bones. So now your little game has been uncovered, how about butting out, and letting the thread get back on topic.
February 20th, 2012  
03USMC

How about everybody calms down.
--
February 21st, 2012  
senojekips

I find the colour red very calming.

Sorry 03, I just couldn't help myself.
February 21st, 2012  
Chief Bones

03 .....

Would you explain to certain 'clowns', that even atheists and agnostics have a right to make comments in a religion thread ON THIS FORUM.

Let's face it, even atheists and agnostics have a right to a religious view and the right to state it. And secondly, I (and others) are members of this forum and have earned the right to state our beliefs.

Bottom line: Even though I am NOT a religious person, as a member of this forum I have a right to comment on ANY topic that is posted on this forum ... any number of times that the discussion continues to catch my eye. It's either that, or the person who posted the original post/thread, needs to leave THIS forum and go to a forum that is set up to deal with one single issue/topic - namely religion and nothing else.

Footnote: I've noticed that some hypocritical, religious people don't have a personal religious forbearance or a religious patience to allow others who don't believe as they do, the right to articulate THEIR belief. They rail and rant and point their judgmental fingers at others, and holler religious platitudes at those who do NOT believe as they do. They just can't live and let live.
February 21st, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
03 .....

Would you explain to certain 'clowns', that even atheists and agnostics have a right to make comments in a religion thread ON THIS FORUM.

Let's face it, even atheists and agnostics have a right to a religious view and the right to state it. And secondly, I (and others) are members of this forum and have earned the right to state our beliefs.

---snip---.
My answer was nothing to do with Atheism or Agnosticism. As Padre will tell you, I am a proud and freely admitted "card carrying" Atheist, and have been so since I was old enough to make up my own mind.

My comment was in answer to your statement
Quote:
---snip--- I just wish everybody would just shut the hell up about following or not following the Christian "good book". ---snip---
A bit hard to do, when that is inescapably tied to the subject of the thread under discussion.

As I said in my earlier post, I don't give fig for the results of and discussion about the last Super Bowl game, but I don't go into the Sports Forum telling those who are interested, "I wish you would all just shut the hell up about the Super Bowl"

Like i said, if you have no interest in a subject, leave it to those who have
February 21st, 2012  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips

Like i said, if you have no interest in a subject, leave it to those who have
And like I said, the subject (and what was posted), caught my eye (which means I have an interest) .. AND, I DAMNED WELL HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE A COMMENT ON ANY DAMNED TOPIC THAT IS POSTED. DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU CAN DAMNED WELL LEAVE THIS FORUM AND GO TO A FORUM WHERE YOUR B-SH!T IS THE ONLY B-SH!T THAT GETS POSTED.

If you have a problem with me hollering, you have nobody to blame but yourself (since I have stated more than once), that as an agnostic, I ALSO have opinions about religious subjects and have as much right to state them as you do.
February 21st, 2012  
viper2007

Gentlemen,

I have been keeping track of this thread, and the only reason that I have not made any comments is because I am Muslim, and I seriously feel it would be wrong to make comments, particularly if it invloves commenting about other faith. I hope I am clear about that.

Whether you are Christian or not, I feel anyone has the right to comment. The way I see it is this, you have the right to make comments. I may not agree with you, but I WILL defend your right to your say. At worse, we can agree to disagree.

But if we start to get at each other's throat, when will that end? Like I said, I am a Muslim, but when I see the likes like that Wesboro people abusing fellow Christians, I feel upset because deep down I know it wrong. I feel this way becasue simply, if they do this to their own fellow Christian, one day they can do this to Muslims as well.

How do I feel when some peole make fun of Muslims? Of course I feel a little disturb. On reflection, however, I deduce that they may have little understanding of my faith, and I pray that one day they will see the light. Thats all I can hope for.

What do I feel of someone who don't believe in God? To me it is simply- to each his own... Am I going to make enemies with them- NO! Why should I?

In conclusion, everyone of us has a right to voice his or her opinion. But I also feel that with, comes the responsibilty of ownership. As someone said- the right to swing your hand ends at the tip of my nose...

So, my brothers, can we reflect on this?...
February 21st, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007

Whether you are Christian or not, I feel anyone has the right to comment.
They most certainly do Viper2007,.... that is why I made my initial comment about the Chief telling me that I (and others), should shut up about certain aspects of the debate.

Something that he is refusing recognise, instead he is now trying to blame others.

Quote:
If you have a problem with me hollering, you have nobody to blame but yourself (since I have stated more than once), that as an agnostic, I ALSO have opinions about religious subjects and have as much right to state them as you do.
You either haven't read my replies or are doing your best not to make believe you don't understand. For the second time,.... As I said it was your attempt to shut me and others up, that I replied to,.. not your opinion about the subject.
Quote:
---snip--- I just wish everybody would just shut the hell up about following or not following the Christian "good book". ---snip---
^^^Or don't you remember this,....??^^^

As for worrying about your "dummy (pacifier) spit", I treat them as I do with any child. It's only the fact that you are old enough to know better that amuses me.
February 21st, 2012  
Padre

Back to topic, whilst I definitely agree some Christians can be hypocritical, fanatical, (insert any other criticism), and whilst, as a Christian, I haven’t made up my mind yet whether the universe/creation was made by God through evolutionary processes or much more quickly and instantaneously, in human time, and in accord with the Jewish/Christian Bible, I was amused that Richard Dawkins on one occasion in one of his many enjoyable debates with a Christian sparring partner, tried to score a point and be smart-arsed about the “fake-ness”” or disingenuousness of many Christians as demonstrated in a survey which showed many Christians couldn’t name the first book of the New Testament (Saint Matthew’s Gospel) – as an example, and the Anglican minister he was debating brilliantly turned the tables on Mr Dawkins by asking him if he knew the FULL title of Darwin’s ‘Origin of Species’ and Dawkins said “of course I know” but then proceeded to fluff and forget the full title.

Thus if you applied Dawkins’ own measure of Christian genuineness and informed-ness about their own religion to Dawkins and macro-evolutionists who can’t recall such easy, basic, information then ipso facto, they too must be disingenuous.

Less humorously and more seriously, the third clip I posted, for those really interested in the theory of evolution, is that the theory requires FAITH because some of its fundamentals are not supported by its own science (watch it to see what I/we mean).

Evolutionist "scientists" have huge disagreements between one another – a bit like dis-united or competing Christian denominations – there are also rival factions with huge disagreements within evolutionist theorists – the clip points this out as does Dawkins himself on his own web-page in answer to the journalist’s original question in clip 2 (posted above).