Assault Rifle - Page 4

--

February 16th, 2005  
Charge 7

Give me a good ol' M16A1 or A2. Not only as RndrSafe pointed out, rounds for it are quite plentiful, but I know the darn thing's parts so well after so many years with it that I could pretty much disassemble and clean it in complete darkness and reassemble it and fire.
February 17th, 2005  
lemontree

I'll stick to the FN FAL with a nice telescopic sight.
February 17th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Give me a good ol' M16A1 or A2. Not only as RndrSafe pointed out, rounds for it are quite plentiful, but I know the darn thing's parts so well after so many years with it that I could pretty much disassemble and clean it in complete darkness and reassemble it and fire.
Btw. What is the required time to be able to disassemble and reassemble M16?
--
February 17th, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Btw. What is the required time to be able to disassemble and reassemble M16?
One should re-assemble an assault rifle in 15-20 seconds. I suppose that would be the time for the M16 too.
February 17th, 2005  
Pete031

It depends if you are doing a Field strip or a detailed strip...
February 17th, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete031
A detailed strip is only done in the unit workshop. So I suppose he would be asking about the field strip.
February 17th, 2005  
Pete031

Field stripping or assembling takes a matter of seconds with the M16 or any of its variants... Including the function test on assembly
February 17th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete031
I mean the field strip or what do you call that normal disassembly where the main parts are taken out for cleaning.

We had requirements for assault rifle to do both (first disassemble and then reassemble) in 20 seconds. Needed several times to try before passed and a lot of practise. Disassemble is easy to make in a couple of seconds but the most of the given 20s was spent on reassembling.
February 18th, 2005  
Canadian Sergeant

My personal fav. is the German Stenn Gun. Nice, but heavy to lugg around
February 18th, 2005  
Pete031

The Sten gun was a british sub machine gun... quite small... and light.