ashes tour

--

June 7th, 2005  
bush musketeer

Topic: ashes tour

would be interested to know from those in the uk what you think are the chances of winning back the ashes from the aussie team? am hoping for a closer series then the last few. does england havve the bowlers to restrict aussie to enough runs that the brits batsmen can chase down?
June 7th, 2005  
Locke

the simple question is: will England finally win the ashes?

the answer: of course not :P
June 15th, 2005  
AussieNick

I'll answer on behalf of those of the UK. Of course they won't win, they never do.
--
June 15th, 2005  
KC72

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4095124.stm

thats two on the bounce lads, still confident
June 15th, 2005  
Locke

pfffffft, nonsense, the first one was 20/20 which doesn't count, its not reall cricket!!!! its just batting practice!!!
June 18th, 2005  
KC72

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4103576.stm

you might as well just give us the ashes back and go home
June 18th, 2005  
Shadowalker

Unlucky lads, we never needed 2 send any1 below thorpe out against bangladesh in the tests and comfortably beat them. I dont know how, but you did the impossible, LOST against bangladesh!
June 18th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowalker
Unlucky lads, we never needed 2 send any1 below thorpe out against bangladesh in the tests and comfortably beat them. I dont know how, but you did the impossible, LOST against bangladesh!
Yeah theres a first, usually newbie nations get their first win and set all their records against us.
June 19th, 2005  
Locke

excuse me while i go and weep uncontrolably like a 2 year old girl in the corner

i watched a bit of it, we lacked any real intensity in our bowling
June 19th, 2005  
Shadowalker

If bangladesh had been playing Zimbabwe then i would of expected them to win comfortably, but australia! world no1! Think there must be some problems inside the australian camp! i read symonds is being sent home, in british press says for drinking, is that what the aussie meadia say to?